Using Samsung note 8 and S4 to connect to a VPN

Francis Condon

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
I have a samsung galaxy note 8 (wi fi version). I also have a samsung S4. My work place uses a VPN (called RxWorks) which is a veterinary practice software. It is possible to to connect to the VPN using a dongle with a 'special SIM' from my provider and the manager of the VPN routers. I have asked them if I could use my Samsung S4 to connect to the VPN. After much backwards and forwards, I have been able to change the APN and using PocketCloud I can connect to my VPN server using my S4 phone. However I cannot connect my tethered Galaxy Note 8 tablet (via the phone). I can use tether it and search the internet, access websites etc....but when I try to access my server, it won't connect. Is there a reason why this won't happen? My provider wants me to have a locked SIM galaxy note to do it, my VPN managers don't really know what to do next. It seems that if I can connect my phone, there must be some way of using this connection on my tablets...any thoughts

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Francis, welcome to Android Central! It's good to have you here. I also have a S4 and a Note 8. I've not encountered this but it sounds like the S4 is doing something in WiFi offering to your Note 8 is interfering with the Note 8's ability to establish the VPN. Another possibility is that it could be the difference in Android versions between the two. My S4 has Android 4.2.2 while my Note 8 still has 4.1.2. It could be that something about 4.1.2 isn't up to the task.

Hopefully, one of our AC brains will drop in and offer some insight as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX