Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    My Note 8 came with 4.2.2 already installed. I can't find S-pen keeper that I have on my Note 2, I'm not sure if the Note 8 ever had it. I also don't have the keyboard options that the Note 8 demo unit at Best Buy has (it's still 4.1.2). I only get the full keyboard, no option for the floating keyboard or the split keyboard. Are these options no longer available? I've contacted Samsung support and got the standard "do a full reset" which I regret listening to with no results and I had to reconfigure my Note 8 from scratch with no gain.
  2. #2  
    eagin's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    If you hold down on the "multi-mode" key found between the Sym key and the spacebar, it gives you an option to choose from the different keyboard views as well as voice, pen input, etc.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by eagin View Post
    If you hold down on the "multi-mode" key found between the Sym key and the spacebar, it gives you an option to choose from the different keyboard views as well as voice, pen input, etc.
    When I do that the qwerty keyboard is the only option, the other 2 don't appear. I have 4.2.2. I saw the others as options on the one at Best Buy that is still on 4.1.2. Which version are you running?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckr01 View Post
    When I do that the qwerty keyboard is the only option, the other 2 don't appear. I have 4.2.2. I saw the others as options on the one at Best Buy that is still on 4.1.2. Which version are you running?
    Works for me on 4.2.2, in S-note I get the microphone, T with a pencil, sprocket, keyboard, floating keyboard and split keyboard.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by gemniii View Post
    Works for me on 4.2.2, in S-note I get the microphone, T with a pencil, sprocket, keyboard, floating keyboard and split keyboard.
    That's weird. Mine came with 4.2.2 installed, did you get it through the update? Maybe they removed this option from the keyboard that is loaded on mine and you still have it from the previous version.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    Mine just updated itself yesterday.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by gemniii View Post
    Mine just updated itself yesterday.
    Thanks. It might have been the keyboard that was loaded for the original Note 8s is not being provided any longer. Does yours have s pen keeper? I have it on my Note 2 but can't find it on my Note 8.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    I updated mine OTA and all the options are still available.


    Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by nnthemperor View Post
    I updated mine OTA and all the options are still available.


    Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free
    After several contacts with Samsaung, locally and on the 800 number, it seems the keyboard options are missing on new builds that come with 4.2.2 and not those that are upgraded from 4.1.2. As far as the s-pen keeper functionality, I guess it was never on the Note 8, I haven't gotten an answer to that question yet.
  10. #10  
    Amob's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    Regarding s-pen keeper feature it seems it is not for Note 8.0 devices.
    As alternative I'm using this app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...its.spenkeeper
    or simply search for "spenkeeper" on the Play Market
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    Thanks for the update. I just discovered the SPen Keeper app today on a post on another forum. I installed it and it works fine.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    @chuckr01

    I know this is a little late since this is a 2013 post but i came across this post because i was having the same issue, i just purchased a Samsung galaxy note 8 with 4.2.2 and i pressed the multi-mode button in between the the sym and the spacebar and all it brought up was some voice command....

    i finally figured out how to do it, to get the floating keyboard as well as the split keyboard, you have to pinch your fingers together on the keyboard, one thing i can not figure out is why when the s pen is pulled out its not taking me away from the homescreen to the spen note screen all it says in upper left corner is s pen is and theirs no option to manually set what homescreen i would like when s pen is detached.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: S-pen Keeper and Keyboard options on Note 8 4.2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Berger View Post
    @chuckr01

    I know this is a little late since this is a 2013 post but i came across this post because i was having the same issue, i just purchased a Samsung galaxy note 8 with 4.2.2 and i pressed the multi-mode button in between the the sym and the spacebar and all it brought up was some voice command....

    i finally figured out how to do it, to get the floating keyboard as well as the split keyboard, you have to pinch your fingers together on the keyboard, one thing i can not figure out is why when the s pen is pulled out its not taking me away from the homescreen to the spen note screen all it says in upper left corner is s pen is and theirs no option to manually set what homescreen i would like when s pen is detached.
    I ended up returning the one that had issues to Samsung and got a replacement. The new one was the right build and the keyboard options work as described in the instructions under settings. The new one came with 4.1.2 and I immediately upgraded to 4.2.2.

    There is an option under the spen settings to open popup note when the pen is detached. I use that setting on my Note 2, it's handy.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone able to play Onlive games with the Note? 2? 3?
    By PrePlus79 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 05:28 PM
  2. Installing CyanogenMod on Samsung GT-N8013
    By SkyNet3 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 10:45 AM
  3. Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Unboxing (pics)
    By Sooks in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 02:19 PM
  4. Note 3 App Size is this normal?
    By Spencer1990 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 11:45 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions