After 4.2 update, GPS always on

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I noticed under the battery status, that the GPS is always on even though I turned it off in the settings and in Location Settings. Maybe this is why the battery life is so bad after the update. Anyone else has the same problem? Settings>Battery>click on the battery history graph> it shows GPS on all the time.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have not heard of this issue with the update. I just checked and dont see GPS in my battery useage. The only problem I am having is the multi window not working.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep, was planning on doing it but just need to make the time for it and the restore from backup. Just don't see how something like this makes it into an update.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

philmair

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
WiFi Update today in UK.

Quick impressions:
[_] Settings|: nothing major here
-- Still no option to have customised word substitution (like Blackberry)
-- Under Display, a setting "Daydream Mode" ?? Was it there before? No idea what it does
-- Input - still not Left / Right Handed preference setting like on Note 2 ... but .....
[_] Digitiser accuracy ... this now seems to be FIXED ... thank you Samsung
[_] Battery Life: was never an issue for me before, and I can see no noticeable difference after the update .. but I'll hold off for 24 hrs before giving my verdict

Conclusion: I was hesitant about the update after the last one screwed my digitiser, but went for it anyway. There seems to be nothing major in this release, but they have fixed the digitiser issue which means I must give this update a big THUMBS UP.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I did a restart and the GPS issue fixed itself. Still disappointed with Samsung for putting out a cr@ppy update

Posted via Android Central App