Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Note8: How to switch the input method?

Hi all,

in the old time, we need to press and hold in the input position, so as to pop up a menu for us to switch to use other input methods
    -> in Note 8, press and hold becomes selection of the text that you pressed on and then the "copy" and "paste" bar is shown
    -> so anyone know how to switch the input method in Samsung Note 8?

Thanks for any kind of help!
    ====================
    JMY(晉明夷)
    http://mfYoga.org -- Mindfulness Yoga Association 靜觀瑜伽協會
    http://JinMY.me -- 晉明日誌

Default Re: Samsung Note8: How to switch the input method?

Are you talking about switching your keyboard? If so there should be a popup notification while you have a chat/text, etc window open with your keyboard active. If you go into your notification pull down there should be an INPUT method notification you can click on to swap keyboards or voice input.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

When I click on "Choose input method," the only options I get are Samsung keyboard and Swype. Neither one allows me to type with the Supernight keyboard. I have paired it and charged the battery. Suggestions?

External keyboard options do not appear, just type. The popup controls the choices of software keyboards.

Via my Note 3
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.