Note 8 from Amazon
Has anyone purchased a Note 8 from Amazon with the Build JDQ39.N5110UEFMH3, the actual build is N5110UEFMH3, I'm not sure if the prefix is important? I got this at the end of September and some features are missing, the obvious is the keyboard functions (Qwerty, floating,split). Samsung reps seem to be perplexed about this build. I'm thinking others may have this build and may not know that some features are missing. I want to know how to upgrade to the right 4.2.2 version without rooting. Apparently the latest build is N5110UEFMI1. I just want my new tablet to have the right build in case future upgrades are sensitive to the old build. Samsung is still on the case but so far no resolution other than sending it in for service, which I don't want to do if it can be resolved remotely. I can live without the keyboard functions, I'm more concerned with future upgrades and having some unknown build number.
EDIT / DELETE
- 10-22-2013, 10:50 PM #2
- 10-24-2013, 05:01 PM #4
- 17 Posts
Re: Note 8 from Amazon
I bought mine from and shipped by Amazon. I have a different number. Mine is GT-N5110NKYXAR which is the Black/Brown model. Don't know what that mean other than color but it has upgraded to 4.2.2 with no rooting and no problems, but it did require a Factory Reset. I can't figure out that model number as the white models are GT-N5110ZWYXAR. Amazon is advertising those two models.
Here is a list that I found of the early android.os.Build.DISPLAY numbers. Your's is at the top. GOOD LUCK!
- 11-02-2013, 02:51 PM #7
- By ddiehl in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2013, 11:31 PM
- By canderson55 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 10-22-2013, 04:24 PM
- By GravityMan in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2013, 02:33 PM
- By infmethod in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2013, 12:43 PM
- By cgg074 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 10-22-2013, 11:12 AM