Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Connecting external hard drive help

I just bought the samsung galaxy note 8.0 and the USB adaptor cord. When I plug my hard drive in it recognizes it's connected but I can't find it in my files. What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: Connecting external hard drive help

There is probably not enough power from the tablet to spin up the external hadrdrive. If possible, attach a powercord to the harddrive and see if that works.

DarthPaul

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPaul View Post
    There is probably not enough power from the tablet to spin up the external hadrdrive. If possible, attach a powercord to the harddrive and see if that works.

DarthPaul
    I have the same problem, so I got the OTG cord and connected my hard drive to a cord containing another usb connection to power up my hard drive and still couldnt find it in My Files, or Storage from Settings. I dont have a computer so I want to transfer files from my Galaxy Note 8.0 to my hard drive. Havent found the right answer yet. Hopefully someone out there knows how

Quote Originally Posted by lopezra20 View Post
    I have the same problem, so I got the OTG cord and connected my hard drive to a cord containing another usb connection to power up my hard drive and still couldnt find it in My Files, or Storage from Settings. I dont have a computer so I want to transfer files from my Galaxy Note 8.0 to my hard drive. Havent found the right answer yet. Hopefully someone out there knows how
    Did you try a third party file manager such as Astro or ES File Explorer?

Simply, you have to be rooted
    then use "paragon ntfs"