BBM for Note 8.0

Poshworld

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi pls can anyone tell me how to install BBM on my galaxy note 8.0? It keeps telling me device not supported. When i press the install button, nothing happens. My sister recently got the note too and it was installed at the shop and it works fine on hers. Please help

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: BBM for note 8.0

It says not supported for a reason: IT'S NOT SUPPORTED! Only phones are supported, not wifi tablets as far as I know.

Poshworld

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

You really don't have to be so condescending. If you had taken time to read properly you would notice i said it works fine on my sister's note 8, smarty pants.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Are both WiFi-only or WiFi+3G/4G? Or is one WiFi-only and the other WiFi+3G/4G? If it's the latter option, that could be your problem, as yours may be WiFi-Only but hers is WiFi+3G/4G. As the other commenter has mentioned, WiFi only tabs aren't supported.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Then I can only presume that it is a software issue. With that said have either of you changed the software on the tablets or is it still "stock firmware"?

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Sorry if you thought I was condescending. I only meant to show anger that is not available on note 8. Is you sister's tablet wifi only? She might have the LTE one.... I know for sure that my note 8 is not compatible with bbm

TekNinja81

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

I have the Telus Canada Note 8.0 (SGH-I467M) with LTE, and it is also not supported. I suspect they're not allowing support for non phone devices.

Poshworld

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Sigh, thanks everyone. That's a huge disappointment for me. My firmware has been updated. Am not sure about hers. I have a Z10 but I really was looking forward to bbm on my note 8 :(

chrisliaw

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I have that intention too and then found that the Google Play store said Note 8 is not supported. Then I emailed BBM support and got reply to read the FAQ. Then I found out there is one line inside the FAQ - BBM only supported on phone 7 inch and below.

Our 8" is why no BBM support. I really don't understand why.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Sigh, thanks everyone. That's a huge disappointment for me. My firmware has been updated. Am not sure about hers. I have a Z10 but I really was looking forward to bbm on my note 8 :(

I wonder, could it be that your sister has the Note 1, Note 2, or Note 3? Or is hers also a Note 8?

Yeah, I have that intention too and then found that the Google Play store said Note 8 is not supported. Then I emailed BBM support and got reply to read the FAQ. Then I found out there is one line inside the FAQ - BBM only supported on phone 7 inch and below.

Our 8" is why no BBM support. I really don't understand why.

If his sister's device that works with BBM is also a Note 8.0 then something seems amiss.

vzw8830

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Awesome, rocking it on my note 8 tablets now!!
Like it more than chaton to share files and what not between my phone and tabs!

ishaq haruna

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Pls, if u have gotten ur solution help me and solve my own .I'm using Samsung galaxy tablet 2014 edition thanks

Poormanphysics

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site

I confirm a legit owner of a Galaxy Note 8 running V4.2.2. that these files when installed actually worked and yes Google play version February 2013 says its not compatible however this link with the APK above does work. You can register for a PIN after installing. I got my unit last January 2014 by the way. Dr.Berns