Camera App ALWAYS FAILS - Factory Reset doesn't fix it - HELP!

luminous23

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, newbie here.

So I've had this Samsung Note 8.0 for around 6 months now. Had been content with it, but after the first couple firmware update (including the most recent one to 4.2.2) my front camera always fails. My rear camera works fine but when I select the self portrait icon, it will show up 'Camera Failed' and closes down. It has happen too often now, have done everything recommended online.
Clear Cache, Force Stop, Clear RAM, Factory Reset (I've done this so many times now). I used to think it's a hardware problem but reading stuffs online they say it's a software problem. What should I do?? :':)(

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forums! I don't have the Note 8 but I do have the Notes 2 & 3. Hopefully someone with your device will come along soon with some specific advice. I have downloaded other cameras for the Note 2 but I'm not sure if it would help your problem. There are various camera apk's in the Play Store. Good luck! :)

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Maybe try other software that uses the front camera to see if it is hardware or software. Skype. Hangouts. Some camera app from the Play Store.

Anuj Vohra

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I got it fixed by following these steps:

1. Connect your device to your laptop using data cable
2. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Applidium Image Cache
3. Delete everything in this folder
4. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Android\data\com.sec.android.gallery3d\cache
5. Delete everything in this folder
6. Restart your phone
7. Camera works :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol