Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Haalcyon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Still worth getting?

One of my buddies at work maybe selling one of these as his Mrs is getting him the new 10.1 tablet, he was saying about selling it pretty cheap so I must say I am tempted. I have a note 2 as well as an n7. I love my note though just wondered if this has same kind of performance as the note 2 and does it play most the new games without hick-ups?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Still worth getting?

The Note 8.0 is still a great device and I love mine. It's a great size for actually taking notes while maintaining a very comfortable weight. In my book it's highly recommended. If you like the S-Pen on your Note 2 I think you'd love it on your Note 8.0, especially since you can sync your S-Notes back and forth.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
    odd1ne 
    odd1ne likes this.

ROM
    CM10 alpha5: Android 4.1.

I actually purchased a Note 8 (wifi version) last week and absolutely love it. As mentioned, it is great at taking notes during meetings and has a bit of versatility at home as well. I like the IR feature which helps automate all the remote controlled devices in my house (TV, DVR, Blu Ray, AC, Ceiling fans, Surround Sound, Etc...). The S pen is great to use and I am learning new things everyday. The size and weight is perfect for me as well. I just recieved my Zaggkeys Folio case and it definitely has increased the functionality and performance of the device. I highly recommend the Note 8 and the Zagg keyboard. I have a Surface Pro as well, but the Note 8 is a bit easier to lug around on flights and in meetings. Just my 2 cents.
    Thanked by:
    odd1ne 

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I really think the Note 8.0 is one of those rare tablets that has something for everyone. It really is that versatile. It's lower screen resolution is actually a good thing too. There are many titles on the Play Store that actually WILL NOT WORK AT ALL on the higher screen resolution until the developers update them, believe it or not. The Note 8.0 handles those titles and newer ones with aplomb. Don't believe me? Try installing Monopoly (the classic version) on a '13 Nexus 7, LG G Pad, Note 3, S4, or '14 Note 10.1. Yeah...now try installing in on a Note 8.0 or '12 Note 10.1.
    Lower screen resolutions still have their place!
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
    odd1ne 

Also love my Note 8 & agree with everyone's comments about size. Considered the new 10" so it would match my N3 but didn't want something that big. I made the right decision for my uses. Only downside is I wish battery life was better.

In answer to your question - define cheap. I got mine new for a little over $200 when Staples had that great deal. If he is talking $100 to $150 I would do it but for someone that has a N2 and N7, I wouldn't pay more. At a higher price I would just wait out the next big thing....
    Thanked by:
    odd1ne 

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I really think the Note 8.0 is one of those rare tablets that has something for everyone. It really is that versatile. It's lower screen resolution is actually a good thing too. There are many titles on the Play Store that actually WILL NOT WORK AT ALL on the higher screen resolution until the developers update them, believe it or not. The Note 8.0 handles those titles and newer ones with aplomb. Don't believe me? Try installing Monopoly (the classic version) on a '13 Nexus 7, LG G Pad, Note 3, S4, or '14 Note 10.1. Yeah...now try installing in on a Note 8.0 or '12 Note 10.1.
    Lower screen resolutions still have their place!
    This.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0.

I share the opions of all above. It is a great device. Never had issue wih the speed, the whole experience is very smooth. And for me the biggest plus is the size. I don't use case to keep it slim. It fits to my back pocket on my trousers, or to the pocket on my jacket. Use it during traveling, home, before falling asleep. I think you wont be disappointed.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    odd1ne 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by streetslide View Post
    Also love my Note 8 & agree with everyone's comments about size. Considered the new 10" so it would match my N3 but didn't want something that big. I made the right decision for my uses. Only downside is I wish battery life was better.

In answer to your question - define cheap. I got mine new for a little over $200 when Staples had that great deal. If he is talking $100 to $150 I would do it but for someone that has a N2 and N7, I wouldn't pay more. At a higher price I would just wait out the next big thing....
    That was the one thing I was thinking about price he said around 180 but I'll try and get mates rates I think everyone has said what I had thought. Odd question but is the stylus bigger on the 8 compared to the phone?

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by odd1ne View Post
    Odd question but is the stylus bigger on the 8 compared to the phone?

Yes it is...in a good way.

Sent from that other Tablet
    Live long and prosper.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Yes it is...in a good way.

Sent from that other Tablet
    That's what I was hoping I think it would be better to have a normal pen sized stylus with a bigger tablet. I just see if I can get him down on price and hope I like it as much as my note 2

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I have got a unlocked Motorola Razr i free from my mobile contract. Now i am confused in making the decision to keep it or to sell it without unboxing and purchase a Motorola Moto G instead. I dont want to invest a single penny during this process! Kindly guide is it still worth buying a Motorola Razr i or should i go for a Motorola Moto G? Thanks