Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note Does Not Pick Up SIgnal From Hotspot

So, I have internet hotspot on my phone that I use when theres no wifi around. However, my note does not pick up the signal!! I do not if I am doing something incorrectly or just need to download something. I know nothing is wrong with the signal because I have used it time and time again with ipads, other phones, etc. So can anyone please provide me with a solution because it is oh so necessary that I am able to use my hotspot with this tablet or its got to go back to the store! Please someone HELP!

Default Re: Note Does Not Pick Up SIgnal From Hotspot

Do you have any issues with connecting your Note to other wireless networks? I hotspot using my Galaxy Nexus 5 days a week and my Note has no issues using it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, I do not have any issues at all with connecting to any other wireless networks. So that why i am kind of confused because it should connect to it just like any other wireless internet connection. What do you think I should do?

I would turn on the hotspot on my phone and then try to connect the Note and other devices at the same time such as your iPad or a laptop. Make sure all the settings are correct on the hotspot along with your clients (password, encryption-type, etc) and that your Note is performing wifi scanning. If other devices can see the wifi hotspot and connect to it and your Note 8.0 can't even see the wireless network, I'd take it back for a new one.

Honestly, if the Note connects without issue to all other wireless networks and only your phone is the issue...I'm not really sure a new device will fix that and I really can't think of a reason for this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for your advice