problem in available internal memory

Alaa Hamed

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I have samsung note 8 gtn51oo with internal memory 16 gb but when I saw it in device setting I found it 9 gb so I want to know reason for this difference

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Its the same for eveyone. 9.78Gb to be more precise.
I suppose you see that your device is packed with tons of pre-installed software. Also, you have an operating system installed on it. Those take quite a big space.
But to be honest, the remaining ca 10Gb space is normally more than enough for most the things. If not, you can still use an additional microSD card for movies, music, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

rtronick

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
With version 4.2.2 you can save / run some apps from external memory. You have to save the app to internal memory, then move the app to your memory card .I believe that it's up to the app developer if they want to add that feature to their app. I have a Note 8 (GT-N5110). I have 10 apps that I'm currently running from external memory.

Last edited:

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Regarding external memory, running an app from there, or watching pictures, movies: is there any difference in speed? Or the access speed is roughly the same of internal/external memory?
Right now, I only have music files on the sd card, and what is really strange that in every 10-20 minutes there is a very short (fraction of a second) glitch in the playback, very disturbing actually. But a bandwidth that an mp3 requires is so low (40 kbyte/sec for a 320kbit/sec stream) that I dont think it is really a bandwidth issue...

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis