- 115 Posts
Navigation without Wifi?
What is the best way to navigate on a Wifi only Note 8 without WiFi? I know you can download a map from Google offline & when/if you find a wifi connection it will tell you where you are. That is the basically like having a paper map. I found some Apps that look like they use the GPS to turn by turn? Does anyone have real world experience using them, especially in the US vs. France? I thought I read somewhere you could connect to you cell phone via Bluetooth vs. tether and do it that way.
What I am trying to do is navigate using the WiFi only Note 8 (big screen) vs. cell phone (little screen).
- 11-18-2013, 08:21 AM #2
- 11-18-2013, 11:15 AM #3
- 11-18-2013, 11:45 AM #4
- 11-18-2013, 06:24 PM #5
- 115 Posts
Re: Navigation without Wifi?
I know what I did now. I must have just brought up Google Maps and did not navigate to any address. I was thinking it should follow my route like a normal GPS (Garmin). This time, I made sure GPS was on & navigated to an address, all worked as expected. Then for fun I tried without an address again & that basically sucks because the screen turns off & you will drive off the screen without the screen re-adjusting.
Bottom line is - just having a map up is a waste, GPS turn by turn navigation by destination works fine. So no biggie, I will just use a general destination and off to see the wizard.
- 11-19-2013, 10:32 AM #7
- 11-19-2013, 01:53 PM #8
- By ssrini12 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 31Last Post: 05-19-2015, 07:38 PM
- By DJayAce in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 11Last Post: 11-19-2013, 07:05 PM
- By TechZOnline in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 6Last Post: 11-18-2013, 03:02 PM
- By Amin09 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 11-17-2013, 10:25 AM
- By gameson in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 11-17-2013, 04:00 AM