Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By christos5120
  • 2 Post By Bangkok Hound
  • 1 Post By fm123
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tegra Note 7 or Galaxy Note 8

Greetings to everyone.

So, i'm pretty new to tablets and i'm pretty sure, that i don't need any tablet, but the new possibilities, which you get from enhanced Stylus in tablets is pretty nice and i think, that it is a good choice for my Uni, to work with scrypt during lessons and more.

Tegra Note 7 is a new player on the market and is pretty hard to get at the moment. Both tablets are almost the same in specs, except the bigger screen of Note 8, 2gb of ram (Tegra has 1) and performance, which is better on Tegra Note 7 thanks to NVIDIA.

I never used android. I hated it just because of laggs and other things, but now, with 4 Android it seems to be better and can be a good opponent to the iOS. So, after using TouchWiz on friends phones and more i understood, that stock android is much better, than touchwiz, but with GN8 you get this awesome multitasking feature as well as many other things, which are used by stylus.

On the other hand, TN7 is much cheaper, has the same stock android and Note-Taking App. There are 2 problems for me atm. 1.) How long will this 1GB of ram ensure me a lagless usage? 2.) Is it worth for 120 $ (it is my price's, don't ask how) for this multitasking feature and 2gb of ram? (Bigger screen doesn't seem as a benefit for me personally).

It would be very nice, if you guys could say me few words about the subject and help me in choosing. Also, it would be very nice, if you could show me a good review between both of those tablets.

Cheers.

P.S. Oh yeah, if anyone of you owns Tegra Note 7 - is it possible to make note's on an PDF file? I'm pretty sure it is possible on Galaxy Note 8.
    P.P.S. Excuse me for my grammar. I'm not native speaker.

Default Re: Tegra Note 7 or Galaxy Note 8

Your question is very valid. I was under the same dilemma, but I sorted it out. First, 1 GB of RAM is sufficient. second, I have a TEGRA 3 10' tablet with 1GB/16GB and I experienced no lags except when Googe Play Store decides to update 5-10 apps all in once! Both tablets share one common thing that I need: a stylus! Also, they have the same screen resolution. But, Galaxy Note 8.0 is available now at around 350 EUROS, whilst Tegra Note 7 will be available in the future supposedly at around 200 EUROS.
    My opinion is that the Galaxy Note 8.0 is a good buy only at around 230 EUROS because in 2-3 months will be an updated version with better screen resolution. Also, if Tegra Note 7 is finally available at around 200 EUROS, I will go for it, although my preferred tablet is the Galaxy Note 10.1. LTE version (at 700 EUROS).
    Xapakupu likes this.

Don't underestimate the difference in a seven inch screen and an eight inch screen. After using an eight inch tablet, I would never go back to a seven inch screen.
    Twodogies and Xapakupu like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

@ Bangkok Hound -> I know, but it seems a bit to large for me. 7.5 would be perfect xD
    @christos5120 i can buy tegra note 7 for 200$ (from US) or i can buy Note 8 for 270 euros. What would you do on my place?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have the possibility to buy Tegra Note 7 for 200$ (yeah, from US), and Galaxy Note 8 for 270 Euros. What would you do on my place?

Yes you can write on PDF files then save or send them. The technology is newer so it may take a little time to mature compared to the Wacom style technology in the Samsung (which is over a decade in use) .

There is a YouTube video demo of DirectStylus by a guy wearing glasses. There are other videos, but that is the main one.
    Xapakupu likes this.