Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Screen Problem

Bigdogbob72

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
20131226_102114.jpg

Tablet is 5 or 6 months old and When plugging in charger this morning the screen went from normal to just lines. What has happenend how do I fix this?

PeterRH

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem, also on a Galaxy Note 8 (SGH-I467 model). It happens on boot-up and if I repeadedly boot the tablet up it will eventually boot up OK but it can take 20 or 30 boot-up attempts. When it does evenually boot up OK it works fine in every repect (both in terms of apps and display) but if I switch the tablet off (other than briefly) it happens again. The screen looks simlilar to yours (apart from the white horizontal line) in terms of the bands of colour which resemble the colours in the actual start-up screen. I posted details on the xda forum in November and in spite of nearly 300 views of my post no one has come up with an explanation of what's going on. Hence I'll be keen to see if anyone can explain it on this forum and hopefully suggest a fix. I'm tempted to think its not a screen problem because when it does boot up OK I can use it for several hours without any problem whatever.

Attachments

• P1000719a.jpg
    P1000719a.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 49

exscentric

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You may well have tried this but if not -- next time it is bad try tapping around one front/sides/back and see if it changes. Also if that does not show anything take opposing corners and try torquing the unit slightly and see if it changes. If either makes changes I'd guess internal connection problem between unit and display.

If no one comes up with better suggestions you can reset to factory to be sure it isn't software problem. First! When it is working backup everything because a reset will wipe your data and apps out. Then go to settings, device I think it is (don't have my unit with me) and look for reset to factory or something similar and reset the thing to out of box condition.

You could also check for updates. It might be a newer firmware would help.

PeterRH

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I'd already tried a factory reset and clearing the cache and no change to the screen problem. I'd also tried tapping all round the screen as I also wondered if it could be a problem with an internal connection. I'll try this a bit more harshly including torquing the screen. However, the fact that the screen problem doesn't happen when the tablet is in use might suggest this isn't the problem.

tf245yay

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I had a computer with a similar problem (distorted screen). What you are doing is just a temporary fix. This is most likely a problem with the on-board video card and you will need to send it in for repair.

nofai

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
My note8 lte rogers is acting excatly the same . I dont need to restart it to make it work. I just turn the screen on and off. And sometime the screen will work by itself from 1 to 10000 times depands on luck. Tried hardreset, flash firmware. No hope... and hopeless.

William Salch

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Same problem. 5 month old tablet. Screen blanks with lines. Turn it off for a few minutes and it works for 5 minutes then zap. Either a bad connection or voltage problem overheating the connector

Bea Meloni

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
So drum roll please. It's because the battery is cold! No really stop laughing so hard. While your sitting just slide it under your thigh for 3 or 4 min. Or place it over the heater vent with the screen side down. NOT over one on High or the gas vent! I know your still laughin, but when you stop pass the word.

Smiles

Christa Du Toit

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I actually have the same problem on my Note 8 model GT-N5100. It became worse over the last 2 weeks, I can hardly work on it for 5 minutes before the screen only shows lines. (usually in the colors of whatever I was working on. And it is very hot to the touch on the left hand side of the tablet. When I torque the screen a bit, it will look normal again, but as soon as I let it go it goes back to lines again. When taking a screenshot while it only shows lines, the screenshot shows the actual screen detail, not the lines. Is it the digitiser? Or maybe the on board video card as suggested? There are no cracks on the screen.

I love this tablet, but this is extremely frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995