1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to uninstall BBM, or at least reset my pin

Okay, I downloaded BBM onto my Note 8, and installed it. I then setup BBM using my Blackberry ID. This means I can only have BBM on my BB Z10, or my Note 8, but not both at the same time as they are using the same pin. Is there a way to release my pin in the app? If not, how does one find the app on the tablet and remove it since it did not install through the Play store, so that I can reinstall it and create a new pin.

Thanks in advance for any help

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default Re: How to uninstall BBM, or at least reset my pin

Quote Originally Posted by thehairlesscat View Post
    Okay, I downloaded BBM onto my Note 8, and installed it. I then setup BBM using my Blackberry ID. This means I can only have BBM on my BB Z10, or my Note 8, but not both at the same time as they are using the same pin. Is there a way to release my pin in the app? If not, how does one find the app on the tablet and remove it since it did not install through the Play store, so that I can reinstall it and create a new pin.

Thanks in advance for any help
    I think I understand what you're asking.

BBM will activate by prompting you upon opening the BBM app, to activate [switch to] your BBM account on that device. No need to release the ID on the device you are not using.
    **On the Android device specifically, if you get an error message on BBM re activation then the simplest way to reactivate is to uninstall, then re install BBM.

Your contacts will always follow to the activated device, your conversations will not.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How to uninstall BBM, or at least reset my pin

Yeah, I would prefer to just setup a new BBM account on the tablet I think. I don't want to lose my conversations each time. That's why I'd like to release the pin and then sign up for a new separate pin.
    You mentioned that on the androis device I could uninstall bbm. How do I do that since this device is not approved and therefore the app was downloaded directly, not through the Play Store?