1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 8.0 - Half killed my tablet

Hi People,

I hope you can help here as I have half murdered my Note 8.

OK, the story so far...
    A few moths ago I rooted my tablet with great success, a couple of days ago I reset the tablet to factory setting and everything seemed to be OK accept SuperSU said that there were no binaries (whatever they are) and could not update it. So I found online the Samsung Note 8 Tools and installed that and thought re rooting would sort the problem Now the tablet turns on and I get the Samsung logo at the start and the screen goes on, but that's it.

I have tried restoring it to factory settings, I have tried to restore it through the tools program but it keeps telling me it is waiting for USB debugging to be switched on but I cant get into the device to switch it on.

Can anyone help/advise or have a created and expensive table mat?

Regards

SirBasher

Global Posts
    13,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Galaxy Note 8.0 - Half killed my tablet

Quote Originally Posted by SirBasher View Post
    Hi People,

I hope you can help here as I have half murdered my Note 8.

OK, the story so far...
    A few moths ago I rooted my tablet with great success, a couple of days ago I reset the tablet to factory setting and everything seemed to be OK accept SuperSU said that there were no binaries (whatever they are) and could not update it. So I found online the Samsung Note 8 Tools and installed that and thought re rooting would sort the problem Now the tablet turns on and I get the Samsung logo at the start and the screen goes on, but that's it.

I have tried restoring it to factory settings, I have tried to restore it through the tools program but it keeps telling me it is waiting for USB debugging to be switched on but I cant get into the device to switch it on.

Can anyone help/advise or have a created and expensive table mat?

Regards

SirBasher
    If you need USB debugging switched on, try going to Settings>Developer Options. It should be there. If not, go to About Device, and tap Build number several times. That will bring up Develoer Options.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

If you can't get past the logo, can you boot to download mode? If so get the stock firmware and use odin to flash it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Where would I get this stock firmware from?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

How do I boot to download mode?

Hold down home,vol down and power to boot to download mode. Check sammobile.com for the firmware.

Sent from my Note 3