Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Software on the Horizon?

Samsung revealed several new devices at CES today, though notably no update to the 8 inch Note. I'm sure that will come eventually, but in the meantime I'm interested in the 4.4 updates we can see in the products announced today. They have refreshed the interface quite significantly and I have to think that it will reach us at some point.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or have heard any rumors? I'm certainly happy with how it works now, but was never a fan of TouchWiz. I will be very interested in seeing how this refresh does; it at least looks much more in line with how things are being designed in 2014. I am a tad worried about memory usage, but this tablet should handle it.

Default Re: New Software on the Horizon?

Samsung has been very forward since this past summer claiming they would do their best to upgrade existing devices with the newest available software and TW based apps possible. They have held true to this promise for the S3 and Note 2 owners. Hopefully this will hold true for newer devices.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.