Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default backup 2 new device?

so i just trashed my screen. did not know you could not get drop/spill warranties when i bought it and was using it as a camera on vacation when our real camera died.

didnt do too well being dropped on rocks....

it appears that screen repair is quite exorbitant and i'm way too non-geek to try a repair myself. am just going to go ahead and get another one and put armor on the thing when i'm out anywhere....

so can i back this one up to the google cloud and restore to a new one? or do i have to do stuff piecemeal? or what?

Default Re: backup 2 new device?

Typically, if you sync everything to your Google account you can have it restore apps when you sign in to the new device.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Thanked by:

Default Re: backup 2 new device?

Not sure on the backup. But for future reference Square Trade warranties are great for drops & spills. My son broke the Screen on his 10 inch Toshiba tablet and they sent a replacement in less than 10 days. No deductable on Square Trade just had to file a claim. I have a two year full coverge ST warranty on my Note 8.

Plus if you ever purchase a ST warranty look for a Coupon code you can generally get 20 - 25 % or higher discounts.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk