Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default backup 2 new device?

so i just trashed my screen. did not know you could not get drop/spill warranties when i bought it and was using it as a camera on vacation when our real camera died.

didnt do too well being dropped on rocks....

it appears that screen repair is quite exorbitant and i'm way too non-geek to try a repair myself. am just going to go ahead and get another one and put armor on the thing when i'm out anywhere....

so can i back this one up to the google cloud and restore to a new one? or do i have to do stuff piecemeal? or what?

Default Re: backup 2 new device?

Typically, if you sync everything to your Google account you can have it restore apps when you sign in to the new device.
    tollertwins likes this.

Default Re: backup 2 new device?

Not sure on the backup. But for future reference Square Trade warranties are great for drops & spills. My son broke the Screen on his 10 inch Toshiba tablet and they sent a replacement in less than 10 days. No deductable on Square Trade just had to file a claim. I have a two year full coverge ST warranty on my Note 8.

Plus if you ever purchase a ST warranty look for a Coupon code you can generally get 20 - 25 % or higher discounts.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk