Worth it for one now??

ALborntoride

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
So i've been looking for a tablet for a while and have been leaning towards the iPad mini with retina. I knew about the Note 8.0 but hadn't really thought much about it until i saw that it was on sale at Best Buy and Ebay. My needs for a tablet will be note taking, speech outlines, some light web surfing, and light gaming. I like the 8.0 because of the stylus but am a little concerned about support. Is it worth it to get the Note 8.0 now or should i wait a little longer and see if Samsung releases a new edition. I know the 10" tablet has come out but it is a little bit to big for my needs. I've searched around and haven't found much on if Samsung is even gonna release a new version. I thought they might since the current version is on sale. Thoughts???

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So i've been looking for a tablet for a while and have been leaning towards the iPad mini with retina. I knew about the Note 8.0 but hadn't really thought much about it until i saw that it was on sale at Best Buy and Ebay. My needs for a tablet will be note taking, speech outlines, some light web surfing, and light gaming. I like the 8.0 because of the stylus but am a little concerned about support. Is it worth it to get the Note 8.0 now or should i wait a little longer and see if Samsung releases a new edition. I know the 10" tablet has come out but it is a little bit to big for my needs. I've searched around and haven't found much on if Samsung is even gonna release a new version. I thought they might since the current version is on sale. Thoughts???
I went back and forth at Xmas, on whether to get the Mini or the Air for my kid. Decided on the Air because its so darn light. If it was for me I would have to go Nexus. So that would be the N7 and I hardly use the 2012 that I do have.

I can't put up with slow OS updates on my phone's but thats a complete fail on a tablet. IMHO

The bottom line is though that tablets have gotten so good that whatever decision you make, I think you would be more than happy.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I just got mine about a month ago and I think it's awesome. Even if they do come out with a new model, the biggest change will probably be screen resolution and quite frankly, I don't see the point. The resolution is super on this model with the 8 inch screen. You can't beat the Note series tablets for taking notes, making sketches, or pretty much everything, IMO. I don't know what the Best Buy price is right now, but I got mine as a refurb off Amazon and it was in perfect condition. Not even a scratch on it and it works perfectly. I think I paid $270 for it. Love it! As for support though...if you're looking for something with the latest OS then it may not be for you. Personally, I am fine with it since it's functioning so well. It's not like what Toshiba did with the Thrive tablets (ugh!!!) where they put it on a totally screwed up OS and then stopped supporting it, leaving all the owners with poorly functioning devices. Yeah, I have two of those disasters...

anon(5477192)

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
they may be releasing a new version but I'm very happy with my purchase. Bought mine in early December after having an IPad Mini (old one) for about a year. I got that as a present and was never really satisfied. when the ios7 came out, that ended my soured relationship with the IPad.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I got mine two weeks ago NEW on ebay for $279. I also have 2 lg gpads and a nexus 7 2013. The note 8 is comperable with the added s pen bonus. The s pen tho does have a learning curve. 4.2.2 on the note is fine. No need at all for an update. I have the latest on the nexus and it sux.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

For note taking it doesn't get any better than a stylus. I took a continuing education finance class and only used the note throughout the semester. Note taking was a pleasure and I could always use the app switcher or shared screen to surf the web if the class was too slow. Also, all homework was pen and paper so I used the s-pen on the note and emailed the prof the homework. Really happy with this tablet.

Posted via Android Central App

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Note 8 last month. For me this is the perfect tablet. I gave my wife a Nexus 7 ( 2013) which is very nice. Personally I prefer an 8 inch tablet size. I also use the stylus a lot. I bought the Note to take notes in my meetings. I use MS OneNote and my notes are immediately synced to my phone & laptop. I can then easily send the notes to team members hand out assignments from my notes. I am thrilled about how this has replaced all at my handwritten notes.

That stated if you just want an 8 inch tablet and don't need a stylus I would recommend the LG 8.3 on the Google Play store.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

ALborntoride

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
well guys...thanks for the input. Went to Best Buy and looked at one today. There's a learning curve that's for sure (coming from iPad) but i really like the 8.0. I checked out the 10.1 too but like the 8.0 a little better. Now to decide if i want to pick one up now or wait till MWC and see what Samsung has to show.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I wish it had was an HD screen. It's not a deal breaker because the current screen does the job just fine. Other than that, I can't complain about much else.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I was talked into the ipad and I am an Android /Samsung user. I do not like it. I purchased on ebay the 8.0 and am very happy. I have a buyer for my ipad...nit losing a dime. Happy about that too.
Samsung makes awesome products. I have my Note2 phone and my 8.0 tab. Perfect combination

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463