Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 vs LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play ed.

rorobynbyn

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I am completely new to the tablet and android world. I have a dumb phone and an old laptop! After doing much arduous research and learning whatever I can through reviews and youtube I have narrowed my choice to a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 or the LG G Pad 8.3 GPe. Any input from more seasoned users would be great! I am attracted to these two tablets for their similarities in the processor, size, speed, resolution etc... but I am concerned about the different operating systems. How much better is the kitkat vs the jelly bean and is it possibly a deal breaker for the note?

Thanks for any input and advice!

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I own both the lg gpad, actually two of them both running jelly bean 4.2.2. These are fantastic tablets. And i just bought the samsung note 8 mainly because of the s pen. Like the g pad its also running 4.2.2. There is nothing great about kit kat. I know because i have it on my 2013 nexus 7. It adds nothing superior or substantial to 4.2.2 and i have no plans to update the g pads or the note to kit kat if it becomes available. Both lg and samsung have different niceties in the software on each tablet. And each has some MINOR minuses. But all in all they are pretty simillar in what and how they can do. I alternate between both. Youtube has good detailed reviews of both by detroit borg. Watch them to get a feel for both. I will say the s pen does have a learning curve. But its cool once you get the knack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance