Galaxy Note 8.0 sudden pop up of chrome and play store

Jolteon Rey

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm using galaxy note 8.0 (GT-N5120) and when I unlock the device Google Chrome and Play store apps open automatically sometimes. They are not in my recent apps list and just for the sake I tried clearing the cache. But still they appear once in a while.
Any ideas why this happens??? and suggestions to overcome this..

Peace!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do they open to random pages or the last opened page, or do they tend to open to pages that advertise certain apps or services? If the latter, then I would guess there's some adware (or possibly malware) that got installed.

When you say you cleared the cache, do you mean the app cache or the system cache partition? You could try the latter if you haven't, which won't erase personal data. Follow these instructions, but instead of selecting "wipe data/factory reset," make sure you select "wipe cache partition."

How to perform a hard reset when my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is unresponsive

Jolteon Rey

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I've just tried to 'wipe cache partition' but i got the message 'Error' after I selected it. They don't open last opened but some random pages that links to the play store which points out to games. As you said it might be due to some adware. Any suggestions on how to find or remove them?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange that it gave you an error message when trying to wipe the cache partition. Are you rooted? Did you buy it new or used? Does anyone else use the device besides you?

Try AirPush Detector, although I think this is more for ads that pop up in your Notification Bar.