1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 8 now priced right

At $399 when it was introduced, the note 8 was WAY overpriced unless you debfinitrly required the spen ability. It has been dropping in price since introduction and now at $279 free shipping and no sales tax its pretty much at its sweet spot price. Fascinated by the spen/wacom ability i bought one for 279 and love it. Its right up there speed-wise, screen-wise etc with my two lg gpads. Plus it has the spen which they dont. At 279, the note 8 is now priced just a bit more than the 2013 nexus 7. I have owned both the 2012 and 2013 nexus 7 and while decent, the screen is just too small and battery time at least for me was terrible.

Default Re: Note 8 now priced right

Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    At $399 when it was introduced, the note 8 was WAY overpriced unless you debfinitrly required the spen ability. It has been dropping in price since introduction and now at $279 free shipping and no sales tax its pretty much at its sweet spot price. Fascinated by the spen/wacom ability i bought one for 279 and love it. Its right up there speed-wise, screen-wise etc with my two lg gpads. Plus it has the spen which they dont. At 279, the note 8 is now priced just a bit more than the 2013 nexus 7. I have owned both the 2012 and 2013 nexus 7 and while decent, the screen is just too small and battery time at least for me was terrible.
    I wish I could find it for 279. The price I am seeing is 299.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Bought it on ebay. Brand new, sealed, shipped free, no tax. I registered it with samsung and got the free $25 play store deal. All in all a great deal. Keep an eye on ebay. My seller sold 15 of them.

Bought it on ebay. Brand new, sealed, shipped free, no tax. I registered it with samsung and got the free $25 play store deal. All in all a great deal. Keep an eye on ebay. My seller sold 15 of them.
    I bought one today at B**t B*y. If I register with Samsung, will I get the 25 dollar play store deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina Fair View Post
    I bought one today at B**t B*y. If I register with Samsung, will I get the 25 dollar play store deal?
    As long as you bought it new you should be good.

I bought a refurbished unit not knowing at the time that they weren't eligible for the Samsung freebies. But I save ~$70 so I was able to live with not getting the deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    As long as you bought it new you should be good.

I bought a refurbished unit not knowing at the time that they weren't eligible for the Samsung freebies. But I save ~$70 so I was able to live with not getting the deals.
    For some reason, I did not get the 25 dollar play credit. Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina Fair View Post
    For some reason, I did not get the 25 dollar play credit. Oh well....
    Try sending an email. I've heard of people getting it straightened out that way when dealing with Google offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Try sending an email. I've heard of people getting it straightened out that way when dealing with Google offers.
    Thanks.

I figured it out. Somebody posted a link on to the samsung site.

The only thing I did wrong was accidentally add the 25 dollars to my boyfriends account. Somehow he was signed on to my gmail account and I wasn't paying attentions when I clicked the redeem to specific email address. Oh well....

For some reason now the Note 8 has jumped up in price to 329. I checked with several retailers even Samsung's site and they all are at the same price point

~ SF

I just (like, 5 minutes ago) placed an order on Newegg for a refurb Note 8.0 for $249.99. I had the same issue of not being able to find one for a reasonable price. Looking forward to an upgrade to my 2012 Nexus 7.
    Sent from some electronic device, using my fingers.

Yes you get the credit no matter where you purchase. Just need to register with Samsing

Posted via Android Central App
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Just got one from an individual seller on Am'zon for $280. Last one he had, and no tax, free shipping, and "fulfilled by Am'zon" so it has a good return policy. Couldn't pass it up.

I figure even if the Note 8 2014 edition comes out soon, the price of the Note 8 old edition won't drop much below $250.

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts

Just in case anyone is interested.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0.
    Thanked by:

Great deal! Last April, from ebay, I got my Note 8 for less than $270 plus the $25 google play credit. That was super and I've been enjoying my 8 for almost a year!

Since then, the deals haven't been as good. For $250, you get a great tablet. Go for it!

Posted via Android Central App

Honestly the device isn't worth even $150, what with it's random input freezing which happens way too often.

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts

^ Yours may have issues but that does not indicate a universal problem with the Note 8. There are 2 of them in my house and they work flawlessly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0.
    Thanked by:

I want to strongly second that motion! In case newcomers are looking at this, the Note 8 may not have the best specs in town, but it works flawlessly for the vast, vast majority of owners. I think you can find them fairly easily for around $250 now, either slightly used, refurbished or some good open box deals. I will only get cheaper, particularly once the upgrade model is introduced, no more than a month from now. Personally, I plan to upgrade unless it somehow gets bad reviews, which I really doubt it will. Hence, mine will go up on eBay - or mentioned here for sale at around $200.
    Thanked by:

Also if you are having difficulty getting the $25 Google play credit, I used the Samsung Facebook site and got it addressed very quickly. I had mine, Note 8, since May 2013. Its the best.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk