GN8 Gallery Data Eating Up Drive Space
The Android Gallery app data (Settings/Device Storage/Applications/Gallery/Data) in our GN8 keeps growing. It gets about 50Mb larger each time the tab is turned on or restarted. It doesn't grow while the tablet or Gallery application is in use and overall data usage doesn't increase either.
Here's what I've found...so far:
* Wi-Fi data consumption does not increase. This would be important if this were happening on a smartphone...3G or 4G data cap considerations.
* Sync is turned OFF...everywhere. All syncs are turned off for Google and Samsung accounts, email, internet, etc.
* Google+ and Picassa apps have been turned OFF. Accounts were never created for either one.
* The only Gallery settings (Wi-Fi OFF) are for Tag Buddy and Face Tag. Both have been turned OFF.
* Clearing the Gallery data starts the process all over again. Each subsequent cold boot or restart of the tab results in about a 50Mb increase of the Gallery data...NOT Wi-Fi data consumption. Clearing the Gallery data also resets Tab Buddy and Face Tag settings to default.
I'm starting to think this is some sort of Google-related Gallery pix auto-backup feature. But considering those apps that may be affected by syncing or backing-up of photos are turned OFF, why is this happening at all???
How can it be stopped/prevented?
Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.