Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Emails automatically deleted

Hi All, Im hoping someone has a solution for the following problem:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a Note 8. I have the standard mail app set up with 2 hotmail accounts (pop3). For some reason, after a short period of time emails on both devices are automatically deleted. To clarify, their deletion does not correspond with what I have deleted on webmail or my Mac mail. It seems to be completly independant of Hotmail which leads me to think its a setting on the devices.

On my S3 there is a trash folder where the emails i delete go, but the trash folder on the Note 8 is empty..... not even the emails I voluntarily deleted are in there..... any reason why this may be happening?

I would like to keep what happens on my mobile devices seperate from what happens on the server ie: if I delete something on my phone, I want it to remain on the server.

Ironically, I also have a Gmail account setup through the standard mail app on my S3 (Imap - not pop3) and these mails are not auto deleted.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.