Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ehosey2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default my 8.0

my screen stops responding after several swiped but then starts responding again after 5-10 secs goes by and then does it again almost as if clock work. I take it in to a repair store here in town and they tel me theres nothing to fix cause its a processor issue and to think of it as lag. does this sound right to anyone I mean does this really have that problem I thought this 8.0 was a top notch tablet and should be able to hand swiping on things like amazon,facebook etc I mean can the proc truly not handle loading pages this fast?

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Default Re: my 8.0

Not normal. Factory reset and start fresh. Monitor from that point.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have done this and was taken back when the guy at the repair said this I knew in the back of my head it wasn't right ......any other ideas plz

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

It definitely is not normal. The Note 8.0 can handle all those things without lag. How is the responsiveness when just swiping the application pages ? If anything it could be the touch screen sensor is out of whack. I am not experienced with a fix for that. Is it under warranty still ?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    It definitely is not normal. The Note 8.0 can handle all those things without lag. How is the responsiveness when just swiping the application pages ? If anything it could be the touch screen sensor is out of whack. I am not experienced with a fix for that. Is it under warranty still ?

yes it is I just called Samsung for a shipping label and its going out but not till I watch my downloaded game of thrones.....but its an awesome tablet none the less !!!

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Also, are you using a case like the book type with magnets such as Samsung's ? The magnets have been known to cause issues with the touch screen.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Also, are you using a case like the book type with magnets such as Samsung's ? The magnets have been known to cause issues with the touch screen.

a matter of fact I am maybe I should try it without the case huh thank sfoir asking this

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Give it a few hours away from the case. This may restore the touchscreen responsiveness....maybe. Screens have become damaged due to the magnets.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Is there a way I can tell if it was the case besides not using that case and seeing if it happens or not ?

It's not the case. I've had my Note 8 for about 8 months now and mine has done this since day 1.

I've had the Samsung book cover which I since stopped using, in favor of an OtterBox. In any state the tablet still has the freezing input issue.

It's a fairly common and well documented problem. Some say updating to 4.2.2+ fixed the issue or made it less noticeable, others didn't. But as with my model (the i467 LTE with Telus) there's still no official update, so I'm not counting on ever getting an official fix.

It's very annoying. Also have the battery drain/incorrect battery level issue which basically makes the tablet useless for what I estimate is at least the bottom 20% of its charge level.

I have a love/hate relationship with this device, and unfortunately the issues Samsung and/or Canadian carriers are refusing to release a fix for are making me strongly consider switching back to an iPad.

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

I have the Note 8.0 wifi only model GT-N5110. It has 4.2.2 and zero issues. It is a great tablet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.
    Bangkok Hound likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Well I have not had it n the case for a couple days now and it hasnt locked up as much as it did before so maybe it is this case?

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

^ What case have you been using ? Official Samsung book case or a third party case ? On the XDA Forums it has been discussed about the magnets of some cases affecting the digitizer and causing some dead spots on the screen.
    Last edited by ehosey2; 04-22-2014 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Additional Info.

^ What case have you been using ? Official Samsung book case or a third party case ? On the XDA Forums it has been discussed about the magnets of some cases affecting the digitizer and causing some dead spots on the screen.
    I have had problems with my Note 8 screen when it was in the case I used. It appeared to be related to the magnets in the case.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

A SNUGG case so far so good maybe a lil stopping here n there but other than that seems to be working just fine. I wonder what type of case I should get then?

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

I have had my Note 8.0 since July of 2013 and since the first day I have been using:

Amazon.com: Exact X-Line TPU Case for SamSung Galaxy Note 8.0 Black: Computers & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/Tech-Armor-Def...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

This combo provides adequate protection but if you seek a higher level of protection you could always get this:

http://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-Defen...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

This has been going on for quite some time. Both of mine (a wi-fi and an AT&T) still have the hesitation, 5-7 seconds long. It does get frustrating, here's an older thread on this subject: Firmware update - screen "freezing" ?