Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CMZ_DL
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kitkat now rolling out

4.4.2 firmware for N5100 Note 8 now available: Firmwares | SamMobile | Page 3

Default Re: Kitkat now rolling out

Damn, I was just going to post this. Beaten to the scoop

Only available in Poland at the moment but as it's the European version at least I (UK) should be able to flash it fine.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Manky Boy View Post
    Damn, I was just going to post this. Beaten to the scoop

Only available in Poland at the moment but as it's the European version at least I (UK) should be able to flash it fine.
    I'm pretty sure it will work with any 5100.

Well, have tried several times via odin and keep getting a write fail when it gets to the modem section. Any ideas? My first thought was not enough internal memory but I've got 3.5gb and the file size is only 2.3gb so should be ok.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Im partially excited lol. looking foward to the better battery life. hopefully this will help my issue with the s-pen offeset its very slight offset but very annoying. ill be veeeery sad if i can no longer write my apps to extSD card. I just want the update to come for my fellow note 8.0 users. Waiting for the N5110 kitkat firmware of course.
    Manky Boy likes this.

I'm in Korea and just updated to 4.4.2. Everything working fine so far.

It's rolling out OTA in UK today, it's downloading on mine now.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kitkat now rolling out-screenshot_2014-05-19-10-04-12.jpg  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBerry84 View Post

And that's for the wi-fi only version, right?

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBerry84 View Post

Is it Done?.. post a screenshot

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if the S-apps have been upgraded, or if possible post a video of the new apps in action.

Thanks,

Kev...

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Anyone in Canada seeing the update yet? Been trying for the last day or so, and nothing so far.

I've got it on my 3G EU ver. so far only slight differences: altered look of screenshot menu , haveu't noticed anything new in S-apps. Biggest difference is new Handwriting input mode & fact that | cannot seem to find anysettings for that feature

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

im currently on 4.2 rooted with CF auto root how would i upgrade to 4.4?
    any ideas suggestions?

What's the issue with GT-N5120? Why the difficulties in providing updates?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Well, it's now five days later, and still no update in Canada. This is really, really frustrating.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Looks like an update is finally available in Canada. Downloading now. It's 992MB in size..
    (Wi-Fi only, it's not available via Kies, at least, so far..)

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Some changes to the S Apps .... but not enough ...

(1) The handwriting input pane has been improved (in my opinion) ... now you don't need to hit the return key twice to get a new line, but it now moves all your input to a single continuous line .. which if fine, except there now seems a lot of useless space above the input line. (You probably need to see it to understand what I mean).

(2) S Note "handedness" - still no option to select Left or Right hand, so the pen registration very poor (almost unusable) for left handed people. This "bug" was introduced 3 or 4 updates ago, and Samsung have done their usual trick of ignoring any comments posted on these forums. The "fix" - for those left handed people is to turn the Note 8 upside down .. now the s pen registration is spot on. Unlike the Note 8 development team!

(3) Not looked at the S Planner ... don't use it myself cos it isn't as clean as the various apps that use Google Calendar and it doesn't sync with Google Tasks.

Other things still missing ...
    - Custom dictionary and word substitution (still miss this from my Blackberry days)

Thanks for the update

Anyone know when or if the US Note 8 will get this update?

Just bought my Note 8 last week and so far I am loving it. I have a couple questions about the KitKat update:

1: Will it effect the use of the EXTSD card? 16gig is no where close to enough. I bought the Note 8 specifically because it supported external SD. I have a 64gig in it and it works just fine and gives me the space I need/want

2: I am waiting to root my Note 8 until kitkat is installed. Will it be easy to unroot stock to apply any updates?

If Kitcat takes away my EXTSD I will not install it and look into CyanogenMod 11.

Cen5

Only stock apps and a few others not can write to the SD card, on my 10.1 (I have two, I can't even put a pdf from dropbox in my pdf folder on my card, I plan to root for the first time once the 8 gets to kitkat, I like how the battery life went way up but the SD card is a big issue.

Though you can always take it out and write via computer, it will read, it just wont write.

PS; On the 10.1 there is already a root program that restores writing to the card but since a few app updates can now write to the card I am waiting a bit on the root. (Pocket Casts now allows writes to the card but only because the android team let them)

It's now 10 days after the roll out started and I haven't gotten it yet. Anyone have any idea why?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Holy God this new SD card change with 4.4 is the worst

I rooted my device after the upgrade, then ran the "Kitkat External SD Card Tool" to fix the issue, but most apps still don't work even after this.

Anyone have any tips?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I'll admit that the SD card change sucks, but I think the rest of the changes/upgrades are worth it though.
    I can still move files around like I used to, apps just can't save to it.
    I would think/hope that in time, apps will start working around this... I'll hold out for a few more apps to update.
    I can work around it till then.

My battery was typically 12hours, now its 22hours I'm OK with that!