Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Strange WiFi Problem

My Note 8.0 worked just fine when we went away for a week. It worked while away. Upon returning home it would show as connected but nothing would come down. After going through numerous troubleshooting items I was ready to give up. We went to a restaurant with WiFi and I tried it worked just great but on home WiFi it just connects and nothing. At home I have another 8.0, Nexus 7, Note 12.1 and two Macbooks all work fine on home WiFi. Called Samsung & Time Warner Neither had any idea.

I have done 3 factory resets all no help still won't connect at home. Went to Dr's office today and connected right away. I guess that I'll have to move? Anyone have any idea for a fix?

Global Posts
    9,823 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Strange WiFi Problem

Quote Originally Posted by bobng View Post
    My Note 8.0 worked just fine when we went away for a week. It worked while away. Upon returning home it would show as connected but nothing would come down. After going through numerous troubleshooting items I was ready to give up. We went to a restaurant with WiFi and I tried it worked just great but on home WiFi it just connects and nothing. At home I have another 8.0, Nexus 7, Note 12.1 and two Macbooks all work fine on home WiFi. Called Samsung & Time Warner Neither had any idea.

I have done 3 factory resets all no help still won't connect at home. Went to Dr's office today and connected right away. I guess that I'll have to move? Anyone have any idea for a fix?
    Have you reset the WiFi router? If not, consider that as your next move and see if there is a connection with the Note 8.0 - if not, check to make sure the device is fully updated.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your response. I have reset the router. Time Warner even ran tests on it. The software is up to date until Kit Kat is available. I guess that I'll have to go somewhere to install it.

Are all your other connected devices working fine on the home router (especially the other note 8)? If not, it might be your router going south in a manner such that a simple reset doesn't resolve it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

You hit the nail on the head. All my other units including the Note 8 were working fine. I swapped out my router at Time Warner and they are all working just fine. I guess that Note 8 just stopped working with that router. Thanks for the response!