Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By H3aTeRzz
  • 1 Post By AugustArborists
  • 1 Post By phildev74
  • 1 Post By phildev74
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT & T Note 8.0

Anyone have any ideas when KitKat will roll out to the AT & T Note 8.0... I love this thing but having KitKat would make it so much better.

Default Re: AT & T Note 8.0

I've had 3-5 second freezes with the SGH-I467 LTE model with AT&T. You? I've been on the phone with both AT&T and Samsung, no one says there are any reported issues like that with 4.1.2, yet I've seen the issues surface in the AT&T forums. No body that I've talked to with AT&T knows when or if an update will come. The rumor is that Samsung did release a fix, that some say fixed their freezes on the wifi model, but that at&t probably won't release that roll out due to lack of sales for the note 8.

I'm awaiting a call back from my local store that I bought it from, I told them that I either want a model that fricken works right, or I want my money back.

Anyway, rant over....has anyone with an LTE AT&T Note 8 Had these issues I'm talking about?
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T
    Steve R8 likes this.

My wi-fi lost the delay with the 4.4.2 update, the AT&T on 4.1.2 still has the freeze, although mine is 5-6 seconds long. Getting a bit fed up with AT&T delaying this one.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AugustArborists View Post
    My wi-fi lost the delay with the 4.4.2 update, the AT&T on 4.1.2 still has the freeze, although mine is 5-6 seconds long. Getting a bit fed up with AT&T delaying this one.
    They still tell me there's no reported issues regarding the stuttering. The AT&T rep DID NOT get back with me. I'll keep calling till someone tells me what I want to hear!

Note 3 AT&T

Absolutely have this issue, even replaced my device twice to no avail. On the wifi version a friend has, it was resolved with 4.2.2, but I'm stuck dealing with the issue. Unfortunately, I decided to try to live with it until an update. Time passed and now I have no choice but to keep the useless rectangular coaster.... I bought a Google Play Edition LG GPad 8.3 and LOVE this thing and I know I will always get timely updates via Google, rather than having to wait for OEM's or carriers. The drawback is it's only wifi, but I can tether it to my phone. Haven't even pulled out my Samsung in a while as it frustrates me too much. Can't even use it for my kid's gameplay as it freezes up on them as well.

Well I finally got at&t to pay me some attention today. They agreed to not make me do the warranty through samsung, and all I have to do is bring this one (2nd one to be returned) for a 3rd one. She said that the new one they'll give me is from another lot of devices, perhaps I'll get lucky....fingers crossed! AT&T has restored my faith once again! I'll let you know how that one works out.

Note 3 AT&T

Got the new one yesterday....you guessed it, its doing the same thing. Going to bring this piece of crap back on monday, I'm done!

Note 3 AT&T

Samsung fixed it, but the Blue and White Death Star won't put out the update. How's that for customer no service.

Kit Kat is out. We won't get it, they didn't sell enough units to push it out.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justafew View Post
    Absolutely have this issue, even replaced my device twice to no avail. On the wifi version a friend has, it was resolved with 4.2.2, but I'm stuck dealing with the issue. Unfortunately, I decided to try to live with it until an update. Time passed and now I have no choice but to keep the useless rectangular coaster.... I bought a Google Play Edition LG GPad 8.3 and LOVE this thing and I know I will always get timely updates via Google, rather than having to wait for OEM's or carriers. The drawback is it's only wifi, but I can tether it to my phone. Haven't even pulled out my Samsung in a while as it frustrates me too much. Can't even use it for my kid's gameplay as it freezes up on them as well.
    I am not sure if you indeed have the AT&T model. Mine is still stuck at 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Law View Post
    I am not sure if you indeed have the AT&T model. Mine is still stuck at 4.1.2
    Yep, on an AT&T model and still stuck on 4.1.2. I referenced 4.2.2 as that is the version in which the freezing is fixed, but unfortunately there is no update on the AT&T version to get to 4.2.2, much less 4.3 or 4.4.

Just got the update to 4.4.2. Go figure, cuz yesterday I visited the att store and was about to get the tab 4. Decided to check one more time when I got home and BAM update available!!! So far no freezes. Yayyyy

Note 3 AT&T

My device is back at 4.1.2 and I wanted KitKat bad -- right up until I discovered it would turn my 64GB SD card into a ROM.

Be aware, that once you put KitKat on your machine, you will not be able to write to that SD card with any app you have except for a couple of really crappy ones. So if you use encryption, if you use QuickPic or any document editor and keep your docs on your SD card, ALL that functionality will be gone.

Kitkat is nothing short of crippleware -- and AT&T locks it's boot loaders (something that no one has broken yet) so you won't be able to root the device to get that functionality back.
    Thanked by:

Holy cap people. The Blue and white death star updated my note 8.0 4G to 4.4.2 just a minute ago.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.

Hope you weren't using that SD card for anything other than ROM.

Luckily for me, I don't use the SD slot. Anything from my Note gets stored in the cloud, which really isn't much. I mostly do spreadsheets on it, and it goes immediately to OneDrive. But thanks for letting future updater's know about this!

Note 3 AT&T

I updated to KitKat yesterday. I was really looking forward to my Galaxy S5 and my tablet having the same interface. Nope. Maybe it's because I'm pretty new to android or something and I was expecting more, but the interface on my tablet is the exact same as before, with new fonts and buttons. It looks nothing like the KitKat on my phone. What gives?

1 thing I don't like at all is that the multi-window tray used to be docked on the left side of my screen. Now it's one the right side. Any way to move it back to the left?

Ive still not received the update. Is it wifi only or doesn't it matter? Mine always says update interrupted and I know my tablet is official and never been altered.. any thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

My understanding is that Kit Kat makes apps put the files they generate into their proper locations. App developers have just been to complacent with the old system to comply yet.

Tell me if I am off the mark here.

You're off the mark here. Period.

There are ZERO security "holes" fixed when KitKat invades a machine and cripples it. None.

ANY app can still access ANYTHING on the internal memory of the machine! The only storage that's crippled is the extremely useful SD card, so... explain how THAT'S more secure? How that's more proper?

It isn't. I'm a software developer. By applying that Kitkat logic, I'd NEVER be able to have ANY program that I write for the PC write to any directory on any drive that said program wasn't resident on and didn't create during the install.

Google did this for one reason: To push people into using their cloud services. And tons of people bought into the idea without thinking it through (although to be fair, I'm sure that there are many people who DID think it through, but never leave an area without a wireless network -- like, you know, a plane. Or a long car trip), while the rest of us were screwed over.

Worse, history shows how this kind of thing goes, and at some point, Google, Microsoft and all the rest will begin to charge for cloud access. Or worse yet, the idiotic "Net Neutrality" that the FCC is "considering", will ensure you pay a high premium for access to your cloud data.

No, this was an idea brought to you by the Marketing People and People Who Count Money.

Quote Originally Posted by willmsbrg View Post
    Ive still not received the update. Is it wifi only or doesn't it matter? Mine always says update interrupted and I know my tablet is official and never been altered.. any thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App
    Had the same issue with one of my note 3's. You'll need to take it to a Samsung Service Center, they are normally at most Best Buy's.

Note 3 AT&T