Note 8.0 discontinued by Samsung.

Oscarillo1

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I went to Best Buy to get a new Note 8.0, and the Samsung Customer Service guy told me that they don't have it any more becauseits being discontinued. I was surprised and when I got home, i went to Samsung.com chat and asked, and they confirmed that its discontinued and no word on a replacement yet. That sucks, I love this tablet, and hope Samsung keep supporting it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am not surprised it has been discontinued. When it was released the hardware was a little dated and now it is well behind other tabs spec wise. I am very disappointed though that they don't have a new 8" version of it. If the 8.3" tab pro was note I would of already purchased it.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I too am awaiting the Note Pro 8.4 tablet to replace my Note 8. While the Tab Pro 8.4 is a nice device it is using dated hardware in the USB 2.0 port and other older internal hardware.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^ I agree. My Note 8.0 is a nice tablet and has served me well but it definitely needs that update to a Note Pro 8 inch variant. I want that 802.11ac wireless capability and at least 3GB of RAM to go along with that high resolution screen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick question : what do you ppl do with your old note 8 once you get a new one? I can't imagine someone would buy one..

The panda has spoken

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have friends who have asked me if I would sell mine to them whenever I upgrade. I have also used Craigslist in the past as an option and did quite well selling 2 great condition Note 2's when we upgraded to 2 Note 3's. Selling gadgets in great condition is not difficult. And not everyone cares to be on the cutting edge.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

ScottGeek

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
It's funny you can still find them on Amazon at or near full price... It's not a surprise to see these tablets go away... especially in the Note type devices... Now that the 8.0 is on KitKat it will remain my "Mini Me"... I think my next tablet will be in the 10" or bigger range (I still have a very old Galaxy 10.1 :D)

~ScottGeek.