Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 8.0 discontinued by Samsung.

I went to Best Buy to get a new Note 8.0, and the Samsung Customer Service guy told me that they don't have it any more becauseits being discontinued. I was surprised and when I got home, i went to Samsung.com chat and asked, and they confirmed that its discontinued and no word on a replacement yet. That sucks, I love this tablet, and hope Samsung keep supporting it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Note 8.0 discontinued by Samsung.

Are you talking about the wifi version? GT-5110?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    beh

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

Amazon Woot! has the Note 8 factory refurbished for around $169 today if my memory serves.

I am not surprised it has been discontinued. When it was released the hardware was a little dated and now it is well behind other tabs spec wise. I am very disappointed though that they don't have a new 8" version of it. If the 8.3" tab pro was note I would of already purchased it.
    beh

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

I too am awaiting the Note Pro 8.4 tablet to replace my Note 8. While the Tab Pro 8.4 is a nice device it is using dated hardware in the USB 2.0 port and other older internal hardware.

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts

^ I agree. My Note 8.0 is a nice tablet and has served me well but it definitely needs that update to a Note Pro 8 inch variant. I want that 802.11ac wireless capability and at least 3GB of RAM to go along with that high resolution screen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Just a quick question : what do you ppl do with your old note 8 once you get a new one? I can't imagine someone would buy one..

The panda has spoken

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts

I have friends who have asked me if I would sell mine to them whenever I upgrade. I have also used Craigslist in the past as an option and did quite well selling 2 great condition Note 2's when we upgraded to 2 Note 3's. Selling gadgets in great condition is not difficult. And not everyone cares to be on the cutting edge.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Android 4.1.1, 4.0.3, 4.1

It's funny you can still find them on Amazon at or near full price... It's not a surprise to see these tablets go away... especially in the Note type devices... Now that the 8.0 is on KitKat it will remain my "Mini Me"... I think my next tablet will be in the 10" or bigger range (I still have a very old Galaxy 10.1 )

~ScottGeek.