Current CANADIAN firmware?
Hey all, I just picked up a Note 8.0
I didn't realize it was so, well, "old" lol. It just seems like an awesome little device
It shipped with JB 4.1.2 and there is no update available according to the unit or Kies.
I guess I'm mostly worried about the security issues with the older firmware.
(and well, hey, new features are nice too!)
I tried to contact Samsung support, but they dodge the question and will not answer ANYTHING
related to firmware support, upgrades or availability of them. (CANADA)
Should I be worried about the older firmware? (security)
How risky (and hard) is rooting the device, and flashing to Kitkat 4.4.2?
Is there a specific firmware for the Note 8.0 due to the Spen?
- or even 4.2.2 (due to the SD read/write issues)
- 05-24-2014, 09:54 AM #2
Re: Current CANADIAN firmware?
There's supposedly a new 4.3 or 4.4 update being release for the Note 8, but I don't think anyone in Canada has seen it yet.
It's been annoying talking to Samsung Canada about it too, as they don't say much of anything at all.
- By Jake Cotner in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 10Last Post: 02-24-2015, 09:01 PM
- By UrbanRich in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 06-14-2014, 05:49 PM
- By Seth Bliss in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 05-21-2014, 12:08 PM
- By raptir in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 6Last Post: 05-19-2014, 06:42 PM
- By 4onejr in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2014, 04:00 PM