US Kitkat?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Haven't been on the forums for a minute. Glad I stumbled upon this thread. Had No idea the Note 8 was getting the KitKat update. Thought we we're getting snuffed like some of my older Samsung tablets. Just checked. Downloading now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Boz

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed a few things. First the good, battery consumption seems to be much better and the transitions between applications seem to be much smoother.
Now the wierd, I have a Nexus 5 and the ART runtime helped performance greatly. I cannot seem to find that option on my Note.
Anyone else find it?

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Atlanta as well and still no update and Kies says it doesn't support initialization or something like that, so I still can't get the update. Any ideas? It keeps telling me I'm on the latest firmware.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Here's the kicker, my wife has the same tablet and hers updated with no issues. WTF? I'm not sure what the issue is but if anyone can help me out that would be much appreciated.

Tony DeLuce

May 3, 2013
Visit site
The last few months I noticed battery life was getting pretty bad with note 8 not lasting me the entire day or even most od it. Since upgrading, battery life has improved tremendousy and is now back to lasting me the entire day with some to spare!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

LordGeek

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Kinda really sucks that every known version of the Note 8.0 has or is receiving 4.4.2 :(

AT&T Note 8.0 (SGH-i467).. Wi-Fi/LTE .. still on 4.1.2 .. never received 4.2.x and still waiting on 4.4.x .. if we ever receive it.

Posted by LordGeek using his HTC One M8.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
No problems at all in Honolulu other that writing to the card, which I was aware of.

Via my Note 3

What "writing to the card" problem were you referring to, please?

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the 4.4.2 upgrade install and don't want to bork my microSD card and apps installed there. Thanks.

KiwiBird97

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is so clever to put the Galaxy S5 icons on the settings menu, but the settings gear at the top is gone! It shows just the word "Settings."

WHAT'S CHANGED (KOT49H.N5110UEU2CNE2)
The Samsung clock widget present since the tablet's launch has been replaced with the stock clock widget present in the Nexus 10 and Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition tablets.
Knox is now available! You can now move your private data to the personal Knox container. (No more root is possible, however.)
The Alarm and World Clock apps have been removed and replaced with the stock Clock app.
You can now use the new stopwatch and timer functions.
If you use an app with multiple panels (for example, Settings), you can now resize the columns by dragging the divider. Sounds similar to the layout on the Nexus 7, isn't it?

Benjamin Law

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Just finish kitkat install in Atlanta. The whole process took under 30 minutes for me. My desktop and icons were fully intact, and everything seems to be running smoothly.
Have you try migrating APPs from core internal memory to the externalSD to free up memory and improve head room and efficiency?

Eleven Bravo

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed a few things. First the good, battery consumption seems to be much better and the transitions between applications seem to be much smoother.
Now the wierd, I have a Nexus 5 and the ART runtime helped performance greatly. I cannot seem to find that option on my Note.
Anyone else find it?

The last few months I noticed battery life was getting pretty bad with note 8 not lasting me the entire day or even most od it. Since upgrading, battery life has improved tremendousy and is now back to lasting me the entire day with some to spare!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

yep, i'm not the only one. the battery usage has been tremendously improved.

mickyflynn

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Help! I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 unlocked tablet at Frys in California but the model number is GT-N5100 which Samsung USA tells me was manufactured for sale in Latin America . I want to upgrade to kitkat but under settings>>software update it says I'm already updated, however I'm showing Android version 4.2.2! Samsung USA sent me to Samsung in the United Arab Emirates. I have not contacted them because model number GT-N5100 is not listed on their website. I have been running in circles trying to resolve this. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech