US Kitkat?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
As standard global rollouts are concerned it seems that international versions first get the updates across Asia and Europe with the Americas eventually getting the update. I believe the update for our GT N5100's in the USA will arrive soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

escu8912

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have. today. waiting to decide if I to take the plunge and update!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-02-17-05-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-17-05-34.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 224

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So, 4 hours after my last post.....

4a6e7eqe.jpg

Looks like it is here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
So, 4 hours after my last post.....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/03/4a6e7eqe.jpg

Looks like it is here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

I decided to try Kies a few minutes ago and something is downloading. It is taking forever, hope this is it.

It did upgrade. I have no idea what is different, that is for another day. My home screen does look different but that is all I am willing to check tonight. Not impressed so far, what do we gain from this?

Last edited:

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My Note 8.0 is rooted so it should come as no surprise the install failed. I have unrooted and will try again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

teeinatl

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Just finish kitkat install in Atlanta. The whole process took under 30 minutes for me. My desktop and icons were fully intact, and everything seems to be running smoothly.

Oscarillo1

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Finish upgrade, will play tomorrow and post coments.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1401769873228.jpg
    1401769873228.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 69

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a subtle update, to say the least. Although the first thing that shows up is that they got rid of the annoying white tab in the middle of the screen for multi-window setup. Now you can just swipe sideways from off the screen.

Of course all the native icons in the status bar are now white. Not sure why they choose to do this but it doesn't hurt anything.

I haven't got the Wireless Printing going, but that seems almost redundant with Google Cloud Printing.

As for performance increase...transitions almost seem slower. But there was nothing wrong with the performance before so this is fine.

Too early to report on battery life, but with my usage (mainly for work and regular access to a charger) battery life was never an issue.

Oscarillo1

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So far it's been really good. Works just like my Note 3.0 phone. I wish the Samsung software, like action note and stuff like that would be available for the Note8.0.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

weirdherald

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
My Note 8 updated today too. Louisville KY area. I don't really see any major difference in the screens or functionality. I don't know what I expected but it's not much different. I was hoping for something cool and interesting, I guess. ;-)

The upgrade went well, no problems. It was quick and I didn't lose any data. If I didn't know it happened, I wouldn't know it by looking (without digging into the version settings).

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My Note 8 updated today too. Louisville KY area. I don't really see any major difference in the screens or functionality. I don't know what I expected but it's not much different. I was hoping for something cool and interesting, I guess. ;-)

The upgrade went well, no problems. It was quick and I didn't lose any data. If I didn't know it happened, I wouldn't know it by looking (without digging into the version settings).

I upgraded via Kies last night and don't see any major differences and everything seems to be working fine. The e-mail is a little different, selecting multiple e-mails no longer has the trash can option on the tool bar, I have to click the additional options (3 squares) to get delete to appear. One nice feature, when I have my bluetooth keyboard connected, the on screen keyboard doesn't keep popping up when I click to enter text. That is a nice improvement. One other addition, when you long press on the input method (left of the space bar) a new option appears with the smiley face (emoji) options, as well as the previous options for voice, various keyboards, etc.

Last edited:

exscentric

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a kindle fire I run n2aos on, updated to kitkat and as you observed, no difference I have run across so I'm not looking for much on the note 8 either. I was surprised they didn't make some cosmetic improvements of some sort but then android has been a good system for my so why tinker I guess :)

My dsl is kinda klunky so it is still downloading.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x