Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AnnH
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By AnnH
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question battery drain and high temperature

Hello, everybody!

For a few days now, I have noticed that my battery drains much faster than usual. I used to enjoy up to 3 days of use and now I need to charge my device every night. I have also noticed higher temperature than usual and today it goes off at very short intervals - as soon as I put it down.

I have uninstalled a number of apps and I have used my Clean Master. CM Security has sent me a message that my SIM was changed - which it has not.

Has anybody experienced anything like that? Can you offer any advice? Suggestions?

Thank you!
    Tdc02 likes this.

Default Re: battery drain and high temperature

High temps and battery drain usually mean that a particular app is malfunctioning and working overtime. It would help if you could post a screenshot of your battery stats after the battery is drained fairly low.

Corrupt SD cards can cause this as well, so also consider unmounting and removing your SD card (if you have one), then rebooting.

You could also try clearing the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data:
    1. Power down.
    2. Press and hold Volume Up and Power until the Samsung logo appears (if that doesn't work, try Volume Up, Home, and Power all at the same time).
    3. Use the Volume buttons to scroll down and select Wipe Cache Partition and press Power to execute.
    4. When complete, select Reboot System Now and press Power.
    Thanked by:
    AnnH 
    AnnH likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you very much, B.Diddy! I did what you advised. I also uninstalled two apps (a security app and a weather app) which were the only ones whose installation corresponded with the time the problem arose. Result: everything seems fine since then. Thank you again.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnH View Post
    Thank you very much, B.Diddy! I did what you advised. I also uninstalled two apps (a security app and a weather app) which were the only ones whose installation corresponded with the time the problem arose. Result: everything seems fine since then. Thank you again.
    Which two apps did you uninstall?