Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By aximtreo
  • 1 Post By bclinger#IM
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 8 - Need some advice

As the title says, I have the Note 8 and I'm having a brain fart on one area. Is there an app that I can download that would allow me to send TEXT messages from this device. I have search the Store but haven't found anything that doesn't require some hoop jumping.

Any help or recommendations you could make would be most appreciated.

Aximtreo in Arizona, USA

Default Re: Galaxy Note 8 - Need some advice

There are a few options:

1. Search for an app, like SMS Text Messaging. You can find others by Googling "send sms from tablet."

2. Use Google Voice on your tablet. You would need to set up a Google Voice number and let people know to text that number--but you could attach any phone number(s) to your Google Voice number, and therefore have a centralized number. You can't actually make calls from your tablet, but the Google Voice app should let you send SMS.

3. If you have a landline, it probably supports texting, so check with your phone company. Comcast has an app that allows you to text based on your home landline.

4. If you just want to send texts, you can usually send it via email. You just need to know how the recipient's wireless provider sets up the email address. For example, on T-Mobile, you can email a text to anyone at [10 digit recipient cell #]@tmomail.net. See this article for more details: Email Text Messages for AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Virgin, & more | Hack N Mod
    Thanked by:
    aximtreo likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the suggestions. Settled on Google Voice; works like a charm. Had forgotten I had a google number established a few years ago. Once I signed in to GV, it worked.

I use to use Groove IP but now it only allows phone calls unless I'm missing something,
    B. Diddy likes this.

I use Tablet Talk, works with Bluetooth or Work.

Sent via my Note 8
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
    Thanked by:
    aximtreo likes this.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Tablet Talk Like bclinge#IM stated above me

or

Mighty Text (Use it on PC & Tablet) from my S3 and it work great for text. Everything work fine

My concern is privacy, a concept of the mind.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

If you have Verizon, there is an app that allows for sms on your tablet, PC and phone. I use it and like it. Also, Samsung released an app called SideSync 3.0 which let's you sync your Samsung phone to your tablet and/or PC therefore giving you access to your phone through your other device

The panda has spoken
    the panda has spoken