Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thinkfreshdell
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Note 8 wont turn on . Please help

Hi ,
    I am not sure if this is the right place to be posting this so sorry if it's not. But I started having a trouble with my note 8 a few days ago.
    I noticed that if I ever let the note battery drain and die , when I next turned it on the time and date would be reset, and I'd have to correct these for my Wi-Fi to start working again. Then 2 days ago after turning my note 8 on my Wi-Fi wouldn't connect at all, it just said " connecting" I tried restarting and doing a hard reset and finally decided I'd try and do a factory reset. I did but the Wi-Fi still wouldn't work.
    I thought I'd let the tablet die and maybe that would work so I let it die and now it wont turn back on. just to clarify I did complete the start-up after the factory reset. its not like I let it turn off mid set-up. Anyway I've tried holding the power button. I've tried holding down the power, vol up and home button and nothing. But I had luck once I plugged my table let into my laptop as the battery charging logo came on as charging, so I tried to turn it on but it died. Today ,on a whim, I plugged it into my blackberry charger since I noticed it was a micro usb and again I got the battery charging screen but I left it. after a few seconds the screen started flickering and after 10 seconds it was dead again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is to redirect me to a place that could help.

tl;dr: I think I phone is bricked but because I'm getting a battery logo I'm not sure, please help.

Global Posts
    24,872 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Note 8 wont turn on . Please help

Welcome to the forums.
    First off, it is rarely a good thing to let a cell device battery go completely empty. The device will turn off before it does, but if the battery depletes all the way there is a good possibility the cells will lose the ability to hold voltage and won't take a charge.

Now, for your situation, have you let it charge for a few hours before even turning it on?

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi,
    Thank you for the quick reply, yes I left it to charge over night before turning it on. this was 2 days a go. then ive had it in various states of charging for a few hours or not. and when I did get the battery charging logo it appeared to be completely empty even though I had be charging for a while.
    Okay I wont ever do it again, I didn't realise. Thanks for letting me know and for helping

Global Posts
    24,872 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by lewis leggatt View Post
    Hi,
    Thank you for the quick reply, yes I left it to charge over night before turning it on. this was 2 days a go. then ive had it in various states of charging for a few hours or not. and when I did get the battery charging logo it appeared to be completely empty even though I had be charging for a while.
    Okay I wont ever do it again, I didn't realise. Thanks for letting me know and for helping
    I am not sure what else to suggest. Perhaps contacting Samsung?

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ok I have done thank you . I just plugged the note 8 into my blackberry usb charger and managed to turn the tablet on for about a second but then it died. maybe my battery is just worn out ? although before all of this id get a few hours out of it. its not like I wore it down to only lasting a few minutes.

Global Posts
    24,872 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by lewis leggatt View Post
    ok I have done thank you . I just plugged the note 8 into my blackberry usb charger and managed to turn the tablet on for about a second but then it died. maybe my battery is just worn out ? although before all of this id get a few hours out of it. its not like I wore it down to only lasting a few minutes.
    That's kind of a good sign. I would leave it for a few hours to just charge.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Yeah as stated above by Golfdriver97, id trying letting it charge for awhile. If that doesn't work, id take it back to the place you purchased it from. Maybe they have a tech that can take a look. Possibly your charger isn't working properly either.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

If you haven't checked yet be sure the chargers you are using are the same current/voltage rating as the original. USB on a computer may/may not supply enough.