Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How is the display on this?

I've never owned a tablet, and my prior phones were the HTC Thunderbolt and now I have the Note 2, which I love, and people at work have commented on how good video looks on it. At the same time, I have people telling me that the Note 8.0's screen is crap. So, since I like Samsung and using the S-pen and all, can anyone comment for me please?

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Re: How is the display on this?

I have a note 8. Got it the day it first came out. I barely use it and still use my note 2 as my primary device. Note 8 battery life isnt as good as my note 2 and playing certain games it gets really hot. But I also use photoshop on it and to ke there is no better device than the my 8

Tappin on a phablet.

To answer your question, the resolution isn't that high, but the screen is very bright and has vibrant colors. The screen is actually what sold me on this device. In my daily usage, I notice the lower res occasionally when I'm reading text on websites. But it isn't an issue for me when reading e-books and comics, which is what I mainly do on it.

I know I'm a little late on this, but I wanted to say that anyone who says the screen is crap on the Note 8 is just judging it based on numbers. Kind of like people who think more megapixels equal a better camera. The Note 8 screen is fantastic despite not being super duper, stupid high resolution.

My only complaint about the Note 8 is the speaker placement is absolutely horrid. If you use it as a media device you will wonder WTF Samsung was thinking. Otherwise it's a great device. I use mine a lot and love it.
    Thanked by 2: