Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lock screen widgets gone with 4.4.2?

Hello. A month or so ago I updated my Note to 4.4.2, as it was released in the US for the Wi-Fi tablets. Yesterday, I did a factory reset of my tablet (trying in desperation to get the old handwriting recognition mode back, to no avail of course) and today as I am trying to get my settings all back in order, it seems I am unable to add widgets to my lock screen anymore. Before I did the reset, I was using DashClock and there didn't seem to be any problems as far as I can remember - it's just that now I can't add it back. Locking my tablet and trying to swipe left on the clock to add another page doesn't do anything like it used to. Looking around on the web, a lot of people (DashClock included) say that for 4.4 you need to go into your security settings and select "Enable widgets," but there is no option for that on my tablet. Others say that the functionality was removed in 4.4, specifically for the S5. It certainly seems to be leaning towards the latter in this situation, but can anyone confirm this for me? I'd like to hear it from someone else with the same device if possible before I give up all hope...

Default Re: Lock screen widgets gone with 4.4.2?

As far as I know lock screen widgets are a thing of the past. I don't have them anymore either.