"DEVICE OVERHEATING" Message and Apps Closing

RusP

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
For anyone who wants to give it a try. I read on another Forum that this can be due to a battery fault, mine "only" showed overheating and app shutdown on battery, as soon as on charger no problem. So I bought an aftermarket battery on web, fitted it (relatively easy), and tablet is perfect again. $40 solution ($20 if you buy out of China).

nicapot

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
same issue. but how to have access with the motherboard and what does it look like?

i had that problem with my samsung galaxy s3 neo . it pause charging and whenever i try to open an app it shows that message " unable to open this application. your device is overheating" but actually it's not . there is a damage in the temperature sensor because of water. i've been searching for a solution in the internet . i put the motherboard in rice, i dried it with air-drier but it doesn't work .but finally i found the solution and it works 100000% . water causes mineral building on the mother board which disrupt the phone functions.so we need to clean it . and finally i found the solution , all you need is alcohol and teeth-brush , clean the motherboard with the alcohol using the brush .

hi.. same problem here. my phone is samsung J7 2016 and more than a month ago it got submerged in water for a few seconds. some buttons weren't functioning but i didnt bother turning it off since I need to text someone til i got home. An hour has passed and that's the only time I turned it off, removed the battery and left it in a container of uncooked rice just overnight. one of the buttons was already functioning but the other wasn't. anyway i continued using it until the other button started working as well, but now i'm having the same problems. it kept on saying the device is overheating. i cant even charge it anymore because it keeps saying "charging paused the temperature is too high" even when I turn it off while charging.

Is it really effective using alcohol and brush? how can i access the motherboard and what does it look like? are there other ways?

Last edited by a moderator:

glynW

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I purchased my Samsung Galaxy Note8 about 2 years ago and it has recently begun showing the "device overheating" message including shutting down apps and is now at the stage of being unusable because of these shut downs.
My device has never been exposed to water - but, on reflection, has recently been with me on a 3 week trip through Sth East Asia so internal condensation could have occurred.
Does anyone have a fix for this problem?
GlynW

ShR33k

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Excellent - thank you! I was attempting to fix a phone (Samsung G361F Core Prime) and before reading this, I was going down the software issue route first - trying to re-flash a stock rom, which didn't help. I wasn't told anything about it having water damage, but did guess it might be a hardware sensor issue or battery issue. I'm aware the owner has tried a different battery which didn't help. After getting into the phone, I found corrosion around the sensor. I simply cleaned it off with an old toothbrush I use for jobs like this, and no more "battery is overheating" issues! Thank you!!!

rlfoy

Dec 8, 2018
Visit site
I have two 12.2 Samsung Tablets and they both started having screen flicker and then the overheating message at around the same time. One of the Tablets' is a Tab and the other is a Note Pro but yet both started having the problem at the same time and acting the same way. Has anyone heard of maybe a OS virus in Samsung or Android causing this problem? I seems to strange that both of my tablets would act this way at the same time. I'm also concerned is the Android update is not compatible with the Samsung firmware??? It looks like many Samsung devices are having this same issue.

defeedme

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
did you get it fixed?

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy Note8 about 2 years ago and it has recently begun showing the "device overheating" message including shutting down apps and is now at the stage of being unusable because of these shut downs.
My device has never been exposed to water - but, on reflection, has recently been with me on a 3 week trip through Sth East Asia so internal condensation could have occurred.
Does anyone have a fix for this problem?
GlynW

Panagiotis V

Jun 25, 2019
Visit site
did you get it fixed?

the same here... I bought a Samsung mobile A20 and I had the same message when I was listening to music. They changed my phone but also the new one had the same problem. Even Samsung's service has no idea and the service office doesn't want to give me another phone, but also they don't give a solution. Service sucks...

MilanoRageHome

Aug 31, 2019
Visit site
Guys,
Please replace your battery and solder the joints properly. This will fix the heating issues and flickering problems.
I have the Tab Pro 12.2.

After long months searching for a solution. this is the one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12