GT-N5100 Issues with S Pen

InANutshell7809

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

I recently bought a used GT-N5100. Unfortunately, I cannot get the S Pen to work with it. I have tried another stylus, which works fine. The tablet recognizes my fingers fine. It just seems to be the S Pen that it cannot detect! I have tried the S Pen for the Note 8 (which I then tried on someone else's Note 10.1 and it worked fine) as well as the S Pen for the Note 10.1 (same person's) and neither S Pen worked on my GT-N5100 but they both worked on the Note 10.1. I haven't found anything online about this and the seller (via eBay) is beyond unhelpful - he actually sent it without an S Pen, then said he shipped the S Pen, but he never did, so I had to buy it at Best Buy.

It seems to me that the problem is my tablet and not the S Pen, but I'm not sure what to do. Any help is more than welcome!!

TIA

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you enable the S-pen from the settings? Alternatively, there is another setting under the S pen where the tablet can recognize the pen even if one is still inserted in the tablet (I assume is to use it with another S pen). Enable that feature and give it a try- the original pen may be broken I side the tablet or the tablet thinks there is a pen I side it.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674