Battery life a lot worse..want unroot and restore to factory condit???

macbook5

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed my Note 8's battery life has been draining quicker than before. I do have a warranty with Best Buy but I rooted it and although I can remove root, the Device Status shows as custom because I upgraded the FW. Is there any way I can remove this? Will Triangle Away fix this?

Any idea if it this problem was caused by rooting and upgrading the FW from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2? One of the reasons I rooted it in the first place was to be able to move apps etc to SD card. However, I found that moving apps to SD card is not a very functional idea as it renders them useless until you move them back.

nnthemperor

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed my Note 8's battery life has been draining quicker than before. I do have a warranty with Best Buy but I rooted it and although I can remove root, the Device Status shows as custom because I upgraded the FW. Is there any way I can remove this? Will Triangle Away fix this?

Any idea if it this problem was caused by rooting and upgrading the FW from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2? One of the reasons I rooted it in the first place was to be able to move apps etc to SD card. However, I found that moving apps to SD card is not a very functional idea as it renders them useless until you move them back.
I didn't root mine but I can't agree more with you. This thing drains battery like crazy. Had 70+% at 7:00a.m used it for about an hour and left it in standby, by 10:30a.m it was down to 32%. Another of its numerous shortcomings.

macbook5

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear my battery is not as bad as yours, nnthemporer. You definitely have a problem with yours. Hope it's covered by a warranty still?

Anyway, I have finished what you suggested Golfdriver97 and it has now been about 48hours since unplugging it from charging. I have not really used it during these 48 hours except to turn on and look at battery percentage a couple of times. It's down to 71%. So not sure, it might be a bit better, but not very good in my opinion. Also not sure if this 29% loss is normal during a 48 hr time period of non use??