Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 startup problem

JayLuya

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi there good day!
I'm new here at the forum. I have my start-up problem on my samsung tablet 8.
It was November 3, 2014 evening when I last used it until it becomes 2% battery charge.
I didn't charge it until November 4, 2014 in the afternoon. I tried to charge it until 70%. When I tried to push the Power button, but its sounds like the sound was cut then the text Samsung appears White and then becomes blue. It doesn't appear any of my screen or any just pure text SAMSUNG. I tried to hard reset, reboot the system, remove those sd card and sim, remove the battery as power reset but still same problem occurs.
I just want to ask is there any problem as a of me? can you share how to fix it? what should i do?
Thank you so much everyone!
Hope to hear from you soon...
:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure you have a Note 8.0? From what I read, the battery is not user-removable.

In any case, the battery might be failing. It's generally not a good idea to let the battery drain to zero, then not charge it immediately. You said it was 2%, then you didn't charge it until the next day. The tablet's battery may have died for good--lithium batteries can fail if they completely discharge.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
These batteries while not technically user replaceable can indeed be replaced. I am awaiting the arrival of a kit since it seems the battery in my wife's Note 8.0 no longer can charge. This video shows how it is done and we ordered a kit which has a genuine Samsung battery. Hopefully this will be the fix for her Note 8.0.
http://youtu.be/sZG28TPmd8Y

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I installed the new battery and it came charged at 70 percent. I put it all back together and it will NOT charge. I guess the charging port is bad. To replace the port myself will cost around $8.00 so I will order that part and update when done.

Last edited:

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I successfully replaced the USB charging port and everything works good. The battery is charging up now. New battery and USB charging port total cost of around $40.00 and zero cost of repair since I did it myself.