How can i transfer non movable apps in my gn8 N5120 to sd card?

Raven Cruz54

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I've already moved some apps to my sd card but still my internal storage is running out of space. I would like to be able to moved the big non movable apps to my sd card or make my sd card act like the internal storage for my GN8 N5120.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
move any pictures and music to the SD card first - those tend to eat up a lot of room (I use ES File explorer, but there are tons of file management apps)

non-movable apps are just that, non-movable. In your device settings, go to apps and one by one move things that you CAN move over to the SD card - but keep in mind if you have an app with a widget you use, moving that app to the SD card disables the widget. If an app is on the SD card, widgets for that app won't work - they only work if the app is on the phone's storage.

You may have more options if you root - but rooting breaks your warranty, and if you don't know what you're doing it can turn your tablet into a useless hunk of plastic - and no, I'm not kidding. ONLY ONLY ONLY root if you've done a lot of research first, have considered all the pros and cons, and are willing to take the risk. It's not an option I recommend, but it is an option.

Raven Cruz54

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok thanks for the information. Yah I already did what you said about moving the movable apps to SD Card. But sometimes my GN8 would message that storage capacity is getting low so I was thinking of other ways to expand my storage space. I also thought about rooting my device but Im not sure if thats a very good idea with regards to the risked of making my device worthless. And I also read something about trying to swap or fooling the device to thinking the SD card is the device storage but it also needs the device to be rooted first. Oh well i think i need to research more before I do anything to my device, but I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question thanks a lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci