Best Epub reader

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I love using my Note 8.0 for reading books that I sideload, but so far I haven't found one that works as smoothly as the one's on my friends Ipad. I have tried using Play Books, Moon+ and a couple of others. They all work okay, but they sometimes lag when scrolling through the pages or the pages take long to load when you flip to a certain bookmark. I love most of the features, it is just the lag and slowness in these apps. So if anyone out there has had a good experience with an epub reader that is super fast and responsive that would be very helpful to know. Thank you ahead of time.

laika

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I've tried most, paid for many, this one is free and is my fav.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...apps/details?id=org.coolreader&token=23FF_MvK

I even donated I liked it so much, very customizable, so much so that it's a bit (just a bit) confusing at first but once you have the setting down the way you like them (font, background, dictionary and a ton of others) you leave them alone.

Cool reader is my fav hands down.

PS: The bookmark feature is instant both in placing one and going to one, no page flipping needed, Hit the center of any page and you can add a bookmark for that page or hit the go to and it just jumps to that page)

Last edited:

fcjr77

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I haven't tried either of those but will be downloading them and giving them a try. I just updated to the new Moon Reader + and it seems faster but still seems to lag when first loading a book. Once I try the two listed I will let you know how it went. I appreciate the feedback.