Any Non Cloud backup APP's out there?

InfernoST

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi All
I have 3 Note 8's in my family and having a hard time finding a Non Cloud back-up app. My intentions are to backup the three devices to my in home NAS, is there an app out there that will allow me to accomplish this.

Thanks
Keith

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Full backup of everything by pushing one button? Probably not.

I use App Backup & Restore to back up my apps (because it creates apk files, so I can restore one app without needing an app to do it with), Helium to back up all the data from my apps and I manually drag and drop any pictures, videos, documents, etc., that I want backed up. AB&R and Helium can both back up to the external card, but either way (internal or external) it's trivial to drag their entire folders to a folder on the NAS for that device. Then drag the /DCIM folder (that's pictures), the Pictures, Notifications, Ringtones, Music, etc., etc. folders over.

If anyone knows an app that does it all, and allows you to choose what gets backed up, please post a link. I'd use it.

InfernoST

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, that is the obvious solution was just hoping for something a bit more streamlined. I'll copy the file sets over to the NAS that are important it is just going to be a time consuming process.

Hoping someone out there can simplify the process.

dhatter

May 12, 2013
Visit site
" SyncMe wireless" is a sync app but it can be used for Folder backup , if set to sync one way from your tab to pc/nas. Hope it helps.

InfernoST

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
" SyncMe wireless" is a sync app but it can be used for Folder backup , if set to sync one way from your tab to pc/nas. Hope it helps.

I will give it a shot. Its more for my two girls files, they have all kinds of music, videos & pictures in these things.