Has anyone else tried the new version of S Note on their 8?

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I saw that Samsung had put the new S Note in their app store so I installed it. Call me crazy but I hated it. I am in construction and use the drawing tool a lot. After a lot of searching I found out how to do it but it sucks. There also seem to be some features missing on this version. I'm so glad that I didn't have to delete my existing version to try it! Am I the only one that thinks this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot of the 'before and after' version? I don't see a difference or new version available for mine, but to be fair, I'm using a Note 4.

Pdarnall

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Fantastic! My info on my Note 8 can be transferred to my new Note 4 phone. Excellent.
Samsung is a little slow on the update side, but they are getting it done. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Near_id

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it is great, new looks, new environment, overall I like it. It's just incompatible fro the old version, because now it use .spd format. Formula and beautification still the same, but different way to do it. You need to select the object first to convert it. Unlike the old version where we could do it manually, directly without selecting any object.
I Download the new version via Galaxy App Store using my gnote8.

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it's awesome! This is the main reason I got rid of my Note 3, because they file formats were incompatible. Wow, maybe I'll sell my iPhone 6 and get another Note 3 or 4!

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Love it. Finally my notes sync with my pc and s5. And I recovered lost notes from the previous sNote app.

Posted via the Android Central App

zeroluis1

May 25, 2015
Visit site
how did you do that?, I cant sync my note 8 s-notes with my note 10.1 s- notes and note 3 s-notes. just can sync note 3 with note 10.1. I cant upgrade my Gnote 8 s-note in app store....

MLArch

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
I saw that Samsung had put the new S Note in their app store so I installed it. Call me crazy but I hated it. I am in construction and use the drawing tool a lot. After a lot of searching I found out how to do it but it sucks. There also seem to be some features missing on this version. I'm so glad that I didn't have to delete my existing version to try it! Am I the only one that thinks this?

MLArch

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm with you, I'm in design & construction, do a lot of graphic communication and I feel a lot was lost in the switch. Scycing sounds nice but the original user functionality feels dumbed-down. Unfortunately mine updated with the latest OS update & I can't go back.