Why am I getting the error e:failed to mount /efs on my Galaxy Note 8.0?

Jae Ellison

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
e:failed to mount /efs on Galaxy Note 8.0

My Galaxy Note 8.0 is stuck in Samsung logo screen. After some time, I get DOS looking screen that has several options including reboot system now and factory wipe. I tried reboot system now but didn't work. i tried date wipe/factory reset, same thing. It is stuck in Samsung logo screen.

i bought this from Costco on Christmas 2013 and this happened right after the 2014 Christmas. So no warrenties from Samsung or Costco. When i talked with Costco technicians, they told me to go to Bestbuy Samsung Experience and see if they can help. The Bestbuy tech. couldn't help unless they can get to the home screen....

I called Samsung, they told me i need to ship it back to them and they will let me know how much it's going to cost to repair this thing....

As much as i don't like I-pad/pod/phone things, i am thinking i should get I-pad. My kids have i-pad and one is over 5 years old in metal casing.

Help Please!!!! Isn't there something like boot disc in old PC that can be used in micro SD slot?

bigote2015

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I also have the same problem using Note 8.0 since three days ago.

I read thread "E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)". Did update Kies software, put my Note in Download mode and connect it to my PC. It seems the necessary drivers are installed as shown on my PC. BUT when I select Tools -> Emergency firmware recovery in the Kies software, it did not prompt me for the model number and IMEI. I am stuck here.

Last time I saved my data was about 2 months ago, so I do not want to wipe my data.

Thanks for tips in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac