Can I turn on Air Command on the Note 8?

meemsnc

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Brand New User Samsung/Android

Instead of replacing my ipad2 with a new ipad, I bought a refurb Galaxy Note 8.0. This is my first non-Apple device & I chose the Note b/c of the S-pen. (if it helps the model number is GT-N5110 & it's running 4.4.2.

I don't have any options for Air Command. I have options for Quick Command, but no Air Command.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to install something to be able to use that feature?

Thanks!

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Brand New User Samsung/Android

Instead of replacing my ipad2 with a new ipad, I bought a refurb Galaxy Note 8.0. This is my first non-Apple device & I chose the Note b/c of the S-pen. (if it helps the model number is GT-N5110 & it's running 4.4.2.

I don't have any options for Air Command. I have options for Quick Command, but no Air Command.

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to install something to be able to use that feature?

Thanks!

It might be that something is disabled.

meemsnc

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

It must have previously been a feature for the Note 8 b/c an ex-coworker used it. One of the reasons I got this specific model.

meemsnc

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

Permanently, or just on my tablet? if it's something I can enable, how/where would I do that?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

It must have previously been a feature for the Note 8 b/c an ex-coworker used it. One of the reasons I got this specific model.
Could be rooted. I have the N-5110 and have had it since the day after it was first launched. It does have a feature that is kind of similiar to air command. When you hover the pen over any samsung app sometimes extra menus or some kind of notification is visible without touching the screen.