Note 8 release with S8

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
With all the components from the Note 7 ava to Samsung right now, and reports of the fires now due to cramming the battery into a space too small to accommodate them which caused crimping(so basically knowing the problem). Do you think Samsung will release a version of the Note with the release of the S8?

Makes perfect sense to do so. Especially if they wait til spring to do it. Let things die down from Note 7 problems...get a chance to change up the design a bit....test, test, test....include software from S8, with a Note/S-pen touch.

This will go over well for Note enthusiasts who feel/got left out in 2016 from not getting their new phone by not having to wait till next Aug/Sept. They could even get back on the fall release timeframe with a upgraded/special version if that's what they want to continue with.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it also makes good sense to get back in the game(not too soon, but not to far out) to show you can fix things in a timely manner and knock it out of the park still.

S7 was huge for them and Note 7 was that much better(burning issues aside).

chin chen

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Dont think they will.

I think they will release the S8 and S8 Edge or however they call it and the the Note in August/September/October to sell at another date.

It would be weird to sell 3 phones at once, they want to maximize profits

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
There's been so much crap released in the media the past couple of days with rumors and such, it's hard to believe anything you read is true.
However, I thought I read something by Samsung inferring to an earlier Note release to please the users they let down. I absolutely could be mistaken. When I read it, it sounded to me like a spring release. Maybe they'll reserve fall for their next X series foldable phones.

startac7868

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
N8 and S8 will share a lot of the same components. So technically, there is little holding back releasing them together. (BTW, if the "Notes" moniker is too tarnished, then simply abbreviate it to N, in parity with the S, whatever that stands for.)

If Samsung wishes to have another well publicized release date half year apart especially one that detracts Apple's usual timeframe, then reserve that one for the upcoming foldables, the so called X series. If the N is launched along side with the X, it would be overshadowed by the X's novelty.

The X represents an entirely new category that would by design attract all the attention, while it could be said N is really an extension or sibling of the S series with a pen, variants essentially. Thus they "belong" together and users have immediate choice of variants launched together.

Last edited:

u71n4444

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I feel as if they should just include 3 lines of S series and do away with the note.. being S8 regular 5.1 to 5.5in.. then the s8 edge.. 5.7.. then the s8 note or s8 plus with spen 5.9 to 6.1in... which gives them an entire year to work and perfect the next line S series phones for 2018

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I feel as if they should just include 3 lines of S series and do away with the note.. being S8 regular 5.1 to 5.5in.. then the s8 edge.. 5.7.. then the s8 note or s8 plus with spen 5.9 to 6.1in... which gives them an entire year to work and perfect the next line S series phones for 2018

But what about the S pen??? Perhaps give them all S pen functionality.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
But what about the S pen??? Perhaps give them all S pen functionality.

Imagine having the entire Samsung line of phones and tablets compatible with S-Pen, even if there were no room in the actual device to store one on board. That would be very cool for sure.

The Wacom sensor is relatively pricey, though, so Sammy would have to do a lot of marketing research to see if people would pay more for it. Given that a lot of S-Pens even in Notes go unused, charging for it in the S line might be a marketing issue.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Imagine having the entire Samsung line of phones and tablets compatible with S-Pen, even if there were no room in the actual device to store one on board. That would be very cool for sure.

The Wacom sensor is relatively pricey, though, so Sammy would have to do a lot of marketing research to see if people would pay more for it. Given that a lot of S-Pens even in Notes go unused, charging for it in the S line might be a marketing issue.

If there's no place to store an spen in the phone, what's the point? No one I know is carrying around a stylus with their cell phone. And you can find stylus' at the dollar store, so it's not the added cost.

Everyone wants thin phones and thin cases. Very few people even have a case or extra add on for credit cards on their phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol