Note 8 in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
From sammy's ceo.....

“As for the reports on the exchange program in Korea, that offering refers to the availability of S8 in that market and is regionally specific. Samsung has not officially communicated any information about a new Note lineup, so any reports referring to a new Note device are purely speculation and are not in reference to any communications from Samsung on a future Note.”
Read more at Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Release Date: Earliest Launch Could Be At CES 2017 In January, Analyst Says

Translation.....

"y'all be smoking some crack! We were'nt even sure what we were gonna do, but all this speculation indicates we should re-visit the note series"

Not quite the statement that article was attempting to portray, but most likely good news at any rate...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
How the heck can they launch it so soon? They probably started developing the Note 8 probably back in Aug for the typical aug release date, but Jan?? They say the Note 7 was rushed because they were falling behind the projected date and didn't want Apple to beat them. If they indeed are pushing the release 8 months ahead of schedule, this could have all sorts of QC nightmares. Talk about rushing it. Unless it's basically the Note 7 with a couple tweaks, but a lot of the same internals and camera and such.

BIG mistake IMO to release it so soon.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
How the heck can they launch it so soon? They probably started developing the Note 8 probably back in Aug for the typical aug release date, but Jan?? They say the Note 7 was rushed because they were falling behind the projected date and didn't want Apple to beat them. If they indeed are pushing the release 8 months ahead of schedule, this could have all sorts of QC nightmares. Talk about rushing it. Unless it's basically the Note 7 with a couple tweaks, but a lot of the same internals and camera and such.

No one will trust a product released early by Samsung......They should just continue to follow the time frame they usually launch.....

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if it'll be called like that, as they already have a device (tablet) called the Galaxy Note 8, launched in 2013. Unless they recycle the name

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well yea... any news is speculation... but nice to see a rumor on the positive side ;)

I'd like a Note type phone (whatever they name it) and be cool to hear talk of it and I welcome it if it came early... I'm holding off any phone purchase cause only less than 90 days to S8 info but I don't want to wait until next September if they were going to come out with another Note.

https://twitter.com/_IndianPsycho/status/788761073419640832

Samsung didn't state they're releasing the note 8 in january. That's speculation at this point.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it'll be called like that, as they already have a device (tablet) called the Galaxy Note 8, launched in 2013. Unless they recycle the name
Sort of. But it was actually the Note 8.0. Nice tablet, niche product that I actually owned so if the new phone is Note8 to me it is not a recycled name.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I love Sammy, but they are releasing/speculating a Note 8 in the Spring? Without even telling us what caused the N7 issues? No bueno. I am still gonna buy it though....lmao. :p

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Guys guys this is obviously a rumor. Don't jump to conclusion until you actually hear something from Samsung. Remember these sources were the same ones that said the s7 would be released early because the s6 wasn't selling well and what happened? Samsung released the s7 during it's usual time frame. I won't believe the gossip until I see evidence.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys guys this is obviously a rumor. Don't jump to conclusion until you actually hear something from Samsung. Remember these sources were the same ones that said the s7 would be released early because the s6 wasn't selling well and what happened? Samsung released the s7 during it's usual time frame. I won't believe the gossip until I see evidence.
Agreed. This is just the rumor mill at work.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
In what reality would they release the successor without figuring out what was causing the Note 7's to catch fire, especially so soon after the recall.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Highly doubt this is true because Samsung even said there are no plans to release the Galaxy or Note 8 early, and that was when people were speculating February...so January is out in terms of release

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

They can’t.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think I read somewhere from the 'promo' to get 50% off the devices if you keep a Samsung S7/S7 Edge as a Note 7 replacement, the launch of the S8 was pegged for Spring while the Note 8 was slated for Summer. Still earlier launches than usual, but I really don't think we'll see a Note launch overlapping with the 'normal' S series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol